There are newer employer reviews for Chevron

Chevron is a great company to work for.

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Lafayette, LA
Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Lafayette, LA

I have been working at Chevron

Pros

The best reason to work for Chevron are that they pay way, great benefits and locations across the world to work. Supervisors are very understanding when you need to take time off or leave early/come late to work. I've never been questioned. There are many opportunities for growth and our bonuses/success sharing has always been great. I've definitely learned that working for Chevron is better than working at most other companies out there.

Cons

Many employees feel we should get a larger discount on gas and perhaps, when using our own debit/credit cards and not only when using a Chevron gas card. They are many, many processes and barrier to go through when trying to get things done. It can take a very, very long time to get something implemented.

To listen to the suggestions and comments of the employees, especially during townhalls.

reviews filtered by
  1. Good diverse place with growth oppurtunities

Current Employee - Reservoir Engineer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Reservoir Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Chevron

Pros

Diversity , professional , integrity, trust

Cons

Bureacracy approach, too much compliance training

Be aggressive in adopting new technology

2. Chevron is a good company.

Former Employee - Process Engineer in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Process Engineer in Houston, TX

I worked at Chevron

Pros

It is a very big company with large amount of opportunities to advance and try new thing. Benefits are really good. The 401 K match is second to none. There is also pension. The atmosphere of tolerance is promoted. There is a great deal of work life balance. The amount of resources is vast. I really like the tools available to you for looking up different technical information, book travel and submit expenses. Most of Senior Management are very impressive and smart people, and they can be real role models.

Cons

I thing Chevron can improve on technical development of facilities engineers. In general company would benefit from accountability and team work between different departments. Some departments are overgrown. Some departments that are very critical are understaffed.

To develop technical and project management skills of facilities engineers

There are newer employer reviews for Chevron