Chevron

www.chevron.com

Chevron is a great company to work for.

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Lafayette, LA
Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Lafayette, LA

Pros

The best reason to work for Chevron are that they pay way, great benefits and locations across the world to work. Supervisors are very understanding when you need to take time off or leave early/come late to work. I've never been questioned. There are many opportunities for growth and our bonuses/success sharing has always been great. I've definitely learned that working for Chevron is better than working at most other companies out there.

Cons

Many employees feel we should get a larger discount on gas and perhaps, when using our own debit/credit cards and not only when using a Chevron gas card. They are many, many processes and barrier to go through when trying to get things done. It can take a very, very long time to get something implemented.

To listen to the suggestions and comments of the employees, especially during townhalls.

Other reviews for Chevron

Good diverse place with growth oppurtunities

Current Employee - Reservoir Engineer  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Reservoir Engineer in Houston, TX

Pros

Diversity , professional , integrity, trust

Cons

Bureacracy approach, too much compliance training

Be aggressive in adopting new technology

Chevron is a great place to work!

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Houston, TX

Pros

Chevron is safety oriented; they put safety first for their employees. This benefits both the employee and the company. Every employee is empowered to stop any job if they see something unsafe.
    Another thing that impresses me is their Recognition and Award program; every employee is encouraged to recognize and award a peer for a job well done. Everyone really likes to receive these awards; people seem to try harder to do their best for everyone.
    Our department is really concerned about Work/Life balance. Within our department, most are on a 9/80 schedule which means we have every other Friday off. Most employees really look forward to that 3-day weekend. When I need time off, it is usually not a problem to get my supervisor's approval. They encourage people to stay home if the weather is hazardous or if you or a family member is sick.
    Chevron is a great place to work!

Cons

I have had a challenge to find a new career opportunity; I have been an admin for a number of years and am ready to try something different. Most jobs at Chevron require a specialized degree; my degree is in Business; I am sure I will find something; I just have to be diligent in my search.

I think senior management is doing a great job; they keep us informed and I am impressed with their leadership.

There are newer employer reviews for Chevron.

Worked for Chevron? Contribute to the Community!