Great Internship

Former Intern - Process Engineer in Richmond, CA
Former Intern - Process Engineer in Richmond, CA

I worked at Chevron as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

An excellent place to complete an internship. Very focused on safety. Would gladly return if I had more summers left to intern, but I will be graduating in Spring 2013.

Cons

The refinery is in Richmond, which is usually in the Top 10 of most crime-filled cities in the US every year. It sits on the very edge though and away from the town, but it's pretty close.

Other Employee Reviews for Chevron

One of the best professional experiences in my career.

Former Contractor - IT Business Analyst in Concord, CA
    Former Contractor - IT Business Analyst in Concord, CA

I worked at Chevron as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

The company is full of employees with a high aptitude, great attitude and committed to helping teammates succeed. My experience twice as an intern and once as a contractor were always top notch.

Cons

Depending on the position, may require some international travel away from family. If you're single it's the life. They take good care of you when you travel. If you have a family it can be hard.

Advice to Management

Keep doing your best to keep employees in the loop when change is occurring.

2. Great Workplace and Safe

Former Contractor - Remedy Administrator in San Ramon, CA
    Former Contractor - Remedy Administrator in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Chevron as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Chevron provides all the tools an employee needs to succeed. They cater to Contract Employees which is good if you only enjoy working contract jobs. It's a great place also if you are into varied hours to work and if you like working remotely.

Cons

Some managers are less proactive when it comes to contractors in their group.

Advice to Management

Become more proactive with regards to contractor's concerns within a particular team. Contractors are temporarily involved in an organization however depending on their contracting experience they can bring a lot of good ideas for team building. Remember, contractors are eager to please so use the opinions and input.