There are newer employer reviews for Chevron

Engaging and challenging internship experience

Former Intern - Engineering in Richmond, CA
Former Intern - Engineering in Richmond, CA

I worked at Chevron as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly and fast-paced work environment, independence and responsibility given to summer interns. Overall a great experience (Engineering Intern). Company really cares about work-life balance, too.

Cons

No big negative things to say about my internship experience. Corporate culture can occasionally get in the way of progress/new ideas.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great Benefits, but HORRIBLE Management!

Former Employee - Business Support Coordinator in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Business Support Coordinator in Houston, TX

I worked at Chevron full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good Benefits, Perks, and Bonuses

Cons

Management! Typical, Southern, "Good-Ole-Boy" Network! Admins, Executive Assistants, etc. are treated like sub-humans! Career growth for non-technical staff is nonexistent! ETC is THE most corrupt, unethical organization I have EVER encountered! If you do choose to go here, DO NOT (no matter what you are promised), work for ETC! Even technical and engineering professionals avoid this area of the business. Administrative professionals, go to Chevron for the perks; leave for a career outside of an admin function. Engineers, technical professionals, and EVERYONE else, AVOID ETC, Chevron's energy technology company!

Advice to Management

Re-vamp ETC; starting at the top! New leadership is pointless if the same behaviors continue year after year after year!

2. As a two time intern, had an opportunity to explore different areas of Chevron.

Former Intern - Facilities Engineer in Covington, LA
    Former Intern - Facilities Engineer in Covington, LA

I worked at Chevron as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The people were all extremely friendly and open. Culture, in general, made this company a great place to work. They put a high priority on safety and their employees. Furthermore, they are well lead which provides future opportunities for those interested in Oil and Gas. Have sections of the company that deal with advanced technology and Alternative energies.

Cons

The cons for me will not be the cons for the typical employee looking to get a job with an oil and gas company. I am more interested in the energy industry as a whole and as an engineer, I didn't get as large of an opportunity to explore all the interests I would have liked to.

Advice to Management

Have more conversations with young employees to receive their perspective on the industry