Chevron
www.chevron.com San Ramon, CA 5000+ Employees

It's the reality, go deal with it.

Facilities Engineer (Current Employee)
Richmond, CA

ProsJob Security, Pay, I can't think of anymore...

ConsThe hours are horrible at the Richmond Refinery. As a normal human being, I would like to go to bed when it's dark and get up when it's light outside. Many people go to work at 5, 6am and it's the norm, and therefore you are also expected to go to work no later than 7am. So much for work/life balance. Sure, you can argue I get to go home early. But what about personal preferences?! I'd like to have a good night sleep according to my own biological clock and get up to the sunshine. However, I think this schedule is location oriented. Richmond refinery is one early bird, same as Houston I believe, but people in San Ramon generally go to work a lot later in the day.

There is NO standard, or company procedure. If you like a lot of uncertainties, surprises, then this is the place for you. Surprises come up all the time, and there is no one way to deal with it. You make up whatever form you need to fill out, and you write up whatever guideline you need to follow. The rules are changing all the time. For example, I was promised a certain amount of money for my relocation lump sum written on a piece of paper, company document sent by HR. Only when I was receiving the money in my paycheck did they inform me that that amount was incorrect and sorry for the "misunderstanding" but I'm suddenly thousand dollars short. If I had known this earlier, I would have weighed the different relocation options differently. How could I have imagined that even a written document is no good in this company?

Discrimination against your degree and major. If you were a petroleum engineer, you get paid the most, then chemical engineer, and then the rest of the engineering disciplines. Unfair right? Since you all end up doing the same work. Too bad, so sad, go live with it.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive a clear scope of what you want.

Chevron is a great company to work for.

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee)
    Lafayette, LA

I have been working at Chevron

Pros: The best reason to work for Chevron are that they pay way, great benefits and locations across the world to work. Supervisors are very… Cons: Many employees feel we should get a larger discount on gas and perhaps, when using our own debit/credit cards and not only when using a… Advice to Senior Management: To listen to the suggestions and comments of the employees,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good diverse place with growth oppurtunities

Reservoir Engineer (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

I have been working at Chevron

Pros: Diversity , professional , integrity, trust Cons: Bureacracy approach, too much compliance training Advice to Senior Management: Be aggressive in adopting new technology Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Chevron.

Worked for Chevron? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Chevron reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Chevron CEO John S. Watson. All reviews posted anonymously by Chevron employees.