Chevron
www.chevron.com San Ramon, CA 5000+ Employees

Great benefits, but hours are very hard on your personal life

Operator (Current Employee)
El Segundo, CA

ProsAwesome benefits, great pay. The work certainly isn't boring and can be quite fun and challenging at times.

ConsA large population of boomers that does not seem to mesh well with millenials trying to start a career in the industry. The hours can be very hard on your personal life. You are encouraged to bring up safety observations but the leadership often adopts a punitive attitude when you do. When aging equipment and maintenance issues are brought up, their budget is usually the first thing they bring up, in spite of encouraging safety first.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop promoting the wrong people. Please be more thorough in your vetting process when choosing to promote. It is far more important for a candidate to have a great and positive attitude than it is for them to have years of experience. Years alone do not make for a good candidate.

Chevron is a Great Company to work for

Human Resources Business Partner (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

I have been working at Chevron full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great benefits and wonderful people Cons: It can be difficult to initiate change to process with… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

reviewing company chevron

Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

I have been working at Chevron full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: good company to work for Cons: too much process. buracracy involved Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Chevron.

Worked for Chevron? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Chevron reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Chevron CEO John S. Watson. All reviews posted anonymously by Chevron employees.