There are newer employer reviews for Chevron

Great place to work....hard.

Current Employee - Human Resources Business Partner  in  San Ramon, CA
Current Employee - Human Resources Business Partner in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Chevron full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Focus on treating employees well

Cons

Internally competitive and feels like you never stop working

639 Other Employee Reviews for Chevron (View Most Recent)

Terrible Company to work with

Current Employee - Senior Tech Recruiter  in  San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Tech Recruiter in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Chevron as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

- semi-good pay- salary
    -good ergonomic evaluation
    -good /clean campus

Cons

-Terrible management
    -Discrimination in all levels -mostly they discriminate against the country of origin (especially if you are from Middle East) and accent.
    -No diversity- they select individuals with short sided views .
    -No freedom of speech- They don’t want people to interact with each other or other groups.
    -No Creativity- They are an absolute example of none-creative environment and they want everyone to work as a slave and listen to their ideas. Basically you have to put your head down and work and never come out of your cubicle to interact with your coworker.
    - Favoritism in all level of organization-no one gets a job almost if they don’t know someone. I was a recruiter at Chevron and I know how unethical the company is. Managers called me many times telling me that they want so and so to work at their department. We would bring in candidates and waste their time knowing that they will never get the position there.
    -Only 1% of external applicants get jobs at Chevron since everything else goes to internal candidates.
    -There is a big gap between fulltime employees and contractors. If you are a contractor they will look at you as a slave.
    -Terrible unorganized recruiting/staffing and HR team. They are a very new department only 5 yr old with a lot of issues and that comes at the very top. The head of the department has no management skills and no education to prove her superiority in HR. Therefore, you will see unorganized, discriminatory, politically savvy department.
    -Senior Managements don’t have management background and they never took none-discrimination courses. It is like a "white boy" club.
    - Their background check process for applicants is dysfunctional and they lose information all the time. Candidates should wait as long as one month to get their background checks result.
    - Most people get to the top because they play politics well. It is not because of their personal achievement.
    - During my time at this company I saw a coworker going crazy from the pressure and they had to call cups and internal safety advisor to come and take her to the hospital. She was under a lot of pressure from the top management and her work that one day she just went crazy.
    - No one likes their job there and they only keep their job because they thing that is the best company in the world. Even though , there are many other companies with better environment to work and better benefits.
    - Be careful because recruiters will sell you their benefits and if you think about all the issues they will cause you at the work force then you will know that the benefit is not worth risking your mental health.

I strongly suggest highlevel managers at Chevron to take a good look at the Staffing/HR deparment in San Ramon office. People at the tope are very Prejudice, dysfunctional, uneducated, and discriminatory. They discriminated me against my country of origin and my accent even though I was doing a great job for seventy plus managers. Also they don’t follow the Safety that is Chevron’s culture. They even told me that I am not suppose to take my lunches. And indirectly they told me that I am suppose to take my lunches at my desk because I was a contractor. Everyone else does the same thing to not get fired. However, to cover themselves they dragged the team to do the stretch breaks.

Safe place to work

Former Employee - IT Intern  in  San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - IT Intern in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Chevron as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Emphasis on retirement and savings, safety is very very important to the people at Chevron. Every meeting starts with a safety moment.

Cons

Horrible for the environment, not great on your morals. Makes you wonder where the world is headed. Definitely a money-sucking giant corporation.

N/A

There are newer employer reviews for Chevron

Worked for Chevron? Contribute to the Community!