Chevron
www.chevron.com San Ramon, CA 5000+ Employees

Job satisfaction depends on the business unit you work for

San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Chevron full-time for more than 8 years

Pros9/80 flexible schedule, one of the few companies still with a pension, strong procedural guidelines for a multitude of process

ConsProcedural guidelines for every single process. Very hierarchical, I couldn't just email my VP with an idea. Very function oriented, a Finance person couldn't go and do sales mid-career and then do business development and back to Finance, so in that sense you're pigeon holed. Ironically, the company leaders flaunt their "diverse" company experiences.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet workers pursue other development tracts otherwise when all the baby boomers retire you'll be in for a world of hurt

Treats employees well, but I'm not crazy about refining.

Inern (Former Employee)
Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Chevron full-time for less than a year

Pros: They pay you very well. The compensation is good. It… Cons: I don't think that everyone should work in a place where solar panels are nonexistant and contributing… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great internship

I have been working at Chevron

Pros: Great company culture. Projects were challenging but you receive plenty… Cons: Because of the nature of my project I was in… More

There are newer reviews on Chevron.

Worked for Chevron? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Chevron reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Chevron CEO John S. Watson. All reviews posted anonymously by Chevron employees.