There are newer employer reviews for Chevron

Decent place to work but lacks track for me to be innovative.

Current Employee - Reliability Engineer in Bakersfield, CA
Current Employee - Reliability Engineer in Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at Chevron full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Decent salary, like working with multi-nationals, great travel opportunities. Decent benefits.

Cons

Old school too many levels of management. Line Managers are old school glorified self serving cops. THIS IS AN OLD MANAGEMENT SCHOOL COMPANY.

Advice to Management

Performance ranking old school - needs ability for those being managed to rank their managers. Pissing off an ass manager will destroy your ranking. New managers NEED MENTORING.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. A fantastic place to work in IT, provided you already have your gray hairs.

Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Houston, TX

I worked at Chevron full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They care about your health, and your quality of life. The perks are fantastic, and the opportunities to step out of your comfort zone are plenty. The pay can be very good if you know what you are doing, and the 9/80 work schedule can't be beat.

Cons

After the reorg. almost 5 years ago, things are still in disarray. It's a stressful, but rewarding. If I hadn't made the mistake of not negotiating my salary, I might have stayed forever.

2. Customer Service Representative (Cashier)

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Chevron full-time (More than a year)

Pros

@ time there were automatic .50 cent raises every 6 months, until around 11.00 i hear, but didnt have a chance to find out.. Good work experience to add to resume, can open doors else where Cashiers are empowered to perform their jobs,good easy register system Part time/full time potential

Cons

.50 cent raises removed, .25 cents once a year management @ my location used unethical tactics to keep workers compliant, stressful work relations, became unenjoyable, relief to move on better part time, stay to get the experience then take it somewhere better

Advice to Management

none, but advice to other workers, do not allow pressure from customers/management to make you reckless in your work, take your time, do it right, people may get mad, but you'll stay in the clear...