There are newer employer reviews for Chevron

Simply put, I do not have one negative thing to say about Chevron.

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Houston, TX
Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Houston, TX

I worked at Chevron as a contractor (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great management. Great coworkers. On site cafeterias and fitness center. Compensation.

Cons

Downtown commute can be cumbersome. Workforce stretched between multiple buildings for support. Too much reliance on contractors.

Other Employee Reviews for Chevron

Great people. Have great benefits. Salary on the lowside compared to other energy companies.

Current Employee - Drill Site Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Drill Site Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Chevron full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People are very good to work with. There safety is hands down number one in the industry. They care about the importance of safety and sending people back home to their families in one piece.

Cons

Salary. They do not pay as much as other companies out there doing the same job. Of course they have better benefits but when you look at the other salaries of companies doing the same job is sometimes almost double!

Advice to Management

To many people to drill a well. What takes small independent companies 15 total people to drill a well. it takes Chevron 100 people. Eliminate 85 of those people and pay the 15 qualified personnel better salaries and see how much money you save!

Great people, great pay, great company.

Current Employee - Geologist in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Geologist in Houston, TX

I have been working at Chevron full-time

Pros

The Horizons program for new hires allows you to steer your own career. It gives you the opportunity to contribute to both local and global projects on various scales. The pay is good, and there is opportunity for annual bonuses. The people are friendly, professional, and help create a great work environment even when under pressure.

Cons

Multiple layers of management. Locations within US aren't the most desirable (Bako, Houston, Midland etc.).

Advice to Management

Although we are paid to do our work exceptionally well, it would be nice to know what your thoughts are about our performance more than once a year.