There are newer employer reviews for Chevron

Chevron is a great place to work!

Current Employee - Facilities Engineer  in  Houston, TX
Current Employee - Facilities Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Chevron full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Challenging opportunities, projects and personal growth potential. They really care about their employees and provide the benefits and support systems to back it up. Excellent processes for framing projects and opportunities. A diverse range of challenging assignments are available. Great processes for employee recognition.

Cons

It's large company and tends to be somewhat bureaucratic, but that typical of large companies.

Keep up the good work.

645 Other Employee Reviews for Chevron (View Most Recent)

A great company to work for

Current Employee - Information Management Analyst  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Information Management Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Chevron full-time for more than a year

Pros

There's a reason Chevron ranks in the top 10 for best companies to work for. Good benefits like matching 401K, a retirement pension, they even allow their employees to give others monetary awards and recognition for appreciation. Unlike other companies that like to keep you at your job if you're good at it, Chevron encourages their employees to move around the company and develop your business acumen to be more well rounded. The work life balance is very good and I think for the most part, Chevron tries to develop a very good professional working environment with all the behavioral training that they do.

Cons

I can definitely see if being a bit competitive when it comes time to move positions. Chevron is always restructuring and making strategic moves to better their position in the industry so if you get too comfortable in your job, you'll be left behind.

Everyone has a different career path at Chevron and you can choose either to be in individual contributor or go the management route, it's up to you. Obviously when you're dealing with a large company like Chevron, there's always politics in play but I don't think anyone values or does more for their people than Chevron does.

Engineer

Former Employee - Facilities Engineer  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Facilities Engineer in Houston, TX

I worked at Chevron full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Safety oriented, Good work and balance..

Cons

I don't see any significant cons.

Please actively allow people to have equal opportunities to contribute more value to the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Chevron

Worked for Chevron? Contribute to the Community!