There are newer employer reviews for Chevron

Chevron Clerk is an OK job.

Former Employee - Clerk in Norwalk, CA
Former Employee - Clerk in Norwalk, CA

I worked at Chevron

Pros

Flexible scheduling and easy going work atmosphere. Whenever I needed time off I met little resistance from my manager and I was able to switch shifts regularly.

Cons

It was an entry level position with little to no opportunity for advancement or pay raises. It helped me go to school but they took advantage of the fact I couldn't ask for more pay.

I don't really have any advice to management.

662 Other Employee Reviews for Chevron (View Most Recent)

Review for El Segundo Refinery

Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Chevron

Pros

An opportunity to meet lots of good people, and develop excellent people skills by working with all types of diverse people.

Cons

There are lots of job opportunites, but mostly for mechanical and process engineers. People are always reacting to problems, versus being proactive. Very difficult to be focused on 1-2 priorities.
    There are way too many priorities (I can only speak for El Segundo refinery).

Need to empower employees, and need to focus only on top 3-4 priorities versus too many priorities. Have way too many meetings.

Profits the bottom line?

Current Employee - Technologist in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Technologist in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Chevron

Pros

Good flex time options, though you sacrifice a holiday to have it. Diversity in the workforce. Some mentoring happens.

Cons

Very rigid, infinite number of processes and the list grows daily. Forced location moves, California to Houston for example, under the guise of business needs, even though its worked fine for decades for me. If you don't fit into the "management" mold, you probably won't get very far.

Listen to the people trying to do the jobs, don't get so bogged down in the "process"

There are newer employer reviews for Chevron