There are newer employer reviews for Chevron

Fun

Former Employee - Senior Reservoir Engineer in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Senior Reservoir Engineer in Houston, TX

I worked at Chevron

Pros

Chevron pays alot of money and they have a good work environment that encourages innovative solutions to old fashioned problems.

Cons

Chevron does not give enough vacation time or fresh beverages to drink that will replenish my energy and decrease thirst.

You should be nicer to your employees and say things like "good job!" and "great job!" instead of just saying nothing at all.

660 Other Employee Reviews for Chevron (View Most Recent)

Great Corporate Culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Chevron

Pros

Having worked at other oil companies in Houston, I call tell you that Chevron's corporate culture is great. In my expereince managers are collaborative, people treat each other with respect, and work/life balance is promoted. My role, while not technical, is still valued by management as a strategic supporter of their business.

Cons

Too much process. Chevron's phase-gated process to help manage projects (CPDEP), is a great tool for major capital projects but horrific for smaller ones. It is often used as a weapon for halting a project. In my non-petrotech role I work on smaller projects (under $1 million, often under $500K) and have spent more time using CPDEP than is necessary. It's maddening.

There is often a lack of respect from some of the technical employees for anyone without a technical degree.

Encourage less use of process- O'Reilly started it, would like to see Watson continue it.

excellent!!

Former Employee - EWF Contract Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - EWF Contract Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Chevron

Pros

growth of opportunities are good..

Cons

low salary
    hard to move up without recommendation

employees are most important!! take care of them first.

There are newer employer reviews for Chevron