Chicago Board Options Exchange

www.cboe.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Chicago Board Options Exchange

CBOE gave me the opportunity to be exposed to all facets of the financial services industry

I worked at Chicago Board Options Exchange

Pros

A solid company with an inordinate number of friendly and competent people. For such a large organization, CBOE is able to keep all employees "rowing" the same way.

Cons

Very few downsides. Those few individuals who had their own agenda usually get weeded out.

40 Other Employee Reviews for Chicago Board Options Exchange (View Most Recent)

Old School Tech Company but Great People and Management

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Chicago Board Options Exchange full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Challenging work, teamwork essential, good money and benefits, and a variety of work projects. Production support can be stressful but is only about 25% of your job. Results-based management style, very technically strong management (no pointy-haired bosses here!).

Cons

There is only one promotion ladder, so the best programmers eventually end up being managers, directors, or VPs, unless you don't want a raise. Permanent positions are being eliminated and replaced by offshore (and onshore) outsourcing and contractors.

You are very weak on advanced technology training. Teach me JDK 8, Python, or open-source projects that will eventually make our development cycle, QA installation procedures, and ultimately our trading systems more efficient.

Good place to start career, learn about financial markets

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Chicago Board Options Exchange full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Commitment to being a leader in its industry.

Good work-life balance

Co-workers are committed to building a great franchise

Cons

Very political. Never sure if you have angered the wrong person, and hearing about it coming back on your review.

There are newer employer reviews for Chicago Board Options Exchange