Chicago Bridge & Iron
www.cbi.com The Hague, Netherlands 5000+ Employees

Good company gone south!

Senior Project Engineer (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

ProsFlexible working hours; very good work-life balance (at the local office level).

ConsUpper management micro-manages projects and departments; project managers are very weak; company salaries are substandard for the industry; annual corporate reorganizations, creating chaos between offices and on major projects.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire strong effective project managers and get out of their way so company can effectively complete projects; this would help CB&I retain clients and prevent lawsuits.

Pretty good so far, the appreciated my work and kept me around when work got slow.

Civil/Structural Designer (Current Employee)
    Plainfield, IL

I have been working at Chicago Bridge & Iron

Pros: Mostly good people to work with. They like to… Cons: Work can become monotonous at times. Advice to Senior Management: There are a select few project leads that could try… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Started off fantastic, now ending on a sour note

Beaumont, TX

I have been working at Chicago Bridge & Iron

Pros: Good pay Good benefits Great team that I personally worked with at… Cons: CEO and upper senior management have fair to poor communication skills A perception of… Advice to Senior Management: Just be open and honest with the people you employ. You might be surprised at… More
There are newer reviews on Chicago Bridge & Iron.

Worked for Chicago Bridge & Iron? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Chicago Bridge & Iron reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Chicago Bridge & Iron CEO Philip K. Asherman. All reviews posted anonymously by Chicago Bridge & Iron employees.