Chicago Office Technology Group

www.cotg.com
There are newer employer reviews for Chicago Office Technology Group

Great entry level sales position- Capable of making major $$

I have been working at Chicago Office Technology Group

Pros

Perfect sized company. You get the national name of Xerox and the local feel that you are comfortable speaking with upper management; Great opportunity to make bank- comp plan is lucrative; Flexible schedule- its sales; Young fun office, group outings and personal incentives are nice

Cons

Some micromanaging; Some favoritism; You sell a boring product

Lay off your employees some- you'll push them out the door if you micromanage

24 Other Employee Reviews for Chicago Office Technology Group (View Most Recent)

Energetic environment, amazing perks and benefits! Exciting culture. Closest thing to a Silicon Valley tech company!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Itasca, IL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Itasca, IL

I have been working at Chicago Office Technology Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great base salary, uncapped commissions, corporate contests are unbelievable ($10k cash, BWM free for 2 years, trips, TVs, etc). Made smart changes in the training and support to keep sales reps happy for the long term. The company overall has shifted to being a full scale technology provider to stay relevant and competitive in a fast paced industry.

Cons

All the new technology can be a lot to digest, but anyone who is interested in technology can learn. Environment is a true work hard hard, play hard so mediocre workers usually realize sales isn't for them. No room for whiners!

Keep up the team building events and contests. It really makes for a fun culture.

Land of the Lotus Eaters

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

Pros

Strong industry with good opportunities- offices will always need technology! Xerox backed- top quality products, great location on Wabash and Wacker. Uncapped commission for the sales you make

Cons

Upper management is destroying their hard workers. Most specifically the "Learning and Development" Team is a single individual who does onboarding for the entire Chicagoland area- UNCHECKED! Reading slideshows to you and the calling you for 20 minutes once weekly or biweekly is their idea of a supportive environment. They are constantly recruiting outside talent to fill openings in the company instead of offering these to their own people- time and time again hard work does not go appreciated. There is an extremely low level of professionalism in the office- it is not uncommon to hear that all of upper management is drinking by 3pm on Friday. Depending on your reputation, you can get away with anything. Good accounts and positions are distributed almost exclusively by favoritism. I watched at least 3 high performing candidates get pushed out the door from the sheer frustration of the churn and burn mentality that is prevalent in this environment. I loved my job and it provided a good living, but management made is extremely difficult to do my work. There is NO racial diversity and is by and far one of the most judgemental places I ever worked.

You will continue to lose your top performers to recruiters who will continually recruit your reps. It became a nightmare to try to cope with constant demands and changes put upon me that had nothing to do with selling. I am being heavily recruited by a competitor and look forward to being MUCH happier doing what I love and being recognized and appreciated for it.

There are newer employer reviews for Chicago Office Technology Group