Chicago School of Professional Psychology
www.thechicagoschool.edu Chicago, IL

TCS, not the best

Student Services Advisor (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

ProsThe entry-mid level staff at TCS is wonderful. They are all intelligent, engaged, and focused on making the student experience a better one. There is a lot of networking to be done with the staff. Every third Thursday, the School hosts a beer/wine/appetizer happy hour from 4-5. It's a great way to mingle with other departments. They also offer "summer hours" which is 8 work ours off every 2 weeks in June & July.

ConsOrganizationally, it's very top heavy and departments are run by people who have little to know exposure/experience in higher education. Unless you work in the academic side, do not expect a promotion or recogniztion of your skills and accomplishments. Those in the services side of the fence, are often compared to flight attendants and expected to act as such. I was told that "teaching only happens in the classroom" and that anyone else should not try to educate students - virtually sending ancillary and student services back into the dark ages. There is no support for professional development and no room for mobility. THe pay here is the lowest I've ever seen in higher education.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your staff tangibly with a bonus/raise structure and have a look at the pay for your entry level employees. Support employees and increase their morale as they are charged with the retention of your students. Train management as needed and stop congratulating those that do poor work.

Admissions Advisor

Admissions Counselor (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

I have been working at Chicago School of Professional Psychology full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good work-life balance, flexibility, relatively low stress, Cons: Sometimes it can be a "What have you done for me lately environment" although I think this is true of most admissions roles. I… Advice to Senior Management: Remember to look at the year to date performance -… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Teaching Assistant

Teaching Assistant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Chicago School of Professional Psychology part-time for more than a year

Pros: Great part time job while completing program. Cons: There is a lack of communication of duties and responsibilities… Advice to Senior Management: Communication and clarity of duties is not clear. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Chicago School of Professional Psychology.

Worked for Chicago School of Professional Psychology? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Chicago School of Professional Psychology reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Chicago School of Professional Psychology employees.