Chicago Trading Company

www.chicagotrading.com
  www.chicagotrading.com
There are newer employer reviews for Chicago Trading Company

Great place to work with smart developers.

Former Employee - Developer  in  New York, NY
Former Employee - Developer in New York, NY

I worked at Chicago Trading Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Free food, great co-workers, laid back

Cons

Would not pay market rates

Be more competitive in NYC salaries

13 Other Employee Reviews for Chicago Trading Company (View Most Recent)

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Chicago Trading Company

Pros

I've been a software engineer for over 10 years in the Chicago area, and I've been at a big 5 consulting firm, and this is now my third prop trading shop. It's the best place I've been so far.

- Great benefits, compensation
    - Work with incredibly smart people
    - Fully stocked kitchen, free breakfast and lunch(so much so that there is a phenomenon known as the CTC 15)
    - Passionate workforce. I can't say enough about this, I have yet to meet anyone at CTC that I thought didn't care and was just going through the motions.
    - Wonderful educational opportunities - The in house education department(3 full time people) is great.

Cons

- Promotions across teams can seem unfair. The bar for promotion on team A may seem much higher than the bar for promotion on team B. This has been an issue at every firm I've ever worked at or been a part of, but still, it happens.
    - Other than that, my gripes are very persnickety(like why can't we get skim milk in the upstairs fridge?)

Rethink the quarterly meetings. The buffet is great, but the meeting itself can be a bit disjointed and drag on and on and on.

People are generally happy

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Chicago Trading Company

Pros

Good education/training system; Opportunities to work together with traders; Knowledge sharing is clear and fast; Free breakfast and lunch; Company sponsored events.

Cons

The company is suffering from growing pains -- the top level management needs to realize that with more and more administrative level people coming to the company, the productivity of employees and information passing between people are actually becoming not so clear and timely. Some are taking advantage of this. Some get promoted, but they don't deserve it.

Listen to what the bottom level employees have to say about the management, especially about the middle layer of management: Are they really increasing the productivity of people or not?

There are newer employer reviews for Chicago Trading Company

Worked for Chicago Trading Company? Contribute to the Community!