Chick-fil-A

www.chick-fil-a.com
There are newer employer reviews for Chick-fil-A

Best Work experience of my career

Former Employee - Marketing in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Marketing in Austin, TX

I worked at Chick-fil-A full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Management and the owner/operator care about their staff. Very low turn-over rate

Cons

Too much chicken can make me chubby

Keep up the good work.

884 Other Employee Reviews for Chick-fil-A (View Most Recent)

Religion too much into operation!!!

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Rock Hill, SC
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Rock Hill, SC

I worked at Chick-fil-A full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Positive people and customers and having sundays off

Cons

Low level advancement with single owners and religion played into every aspect including manager meetings

Okay for company core values, but set a level difference in the store operations.

Not all they are cracked up to be....

Current Employee - Administrator in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Administrator in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Chick-fil-A part-time (more than a year)

Pros

free gym, free lunch for all employees.
    Full time perks only - child care, participation in the yearly company convention. Great vacation & medical benefits.

Cons

NO career growth. Don't expect to move up ever. I was told "DO NOT mention you want "career growth" in your interview" by an insider. She was right & everyone there will secretly tell you the same thing. You stay in one spot for life. :(

Part time - expected to do full time work (60 hours worth) in part time hours (32). Not treated as equal to full time staff. No child care. Not invited to yearly company convention. Can buy into medical but not paid for like full time staff. Vacation is average.

VERY religious company. Monday morning worship. It is "optional" so they say, but everyone attends, and it noticed if you are not there. This was not an issue for me, since I am religious.

Insiders complain of the company trying to hold on to the "small, family company" feel, but not dealing with the fact that it is now a large company.

Talent is over the top with their question of "tell me your life story since you were born" and they investigate every aspect of your life and dive deep into your past. I have never drank, smoke, etc... but my references were asked had I ever done those things. Was I a party person in college? If you are not squeaky clean, you won't get in.

You are expected to tell them about your personal life, even if you don't want to. They pressure you into talking about it.

Holidays - you do NOT get the day after Thanksgiving off.

Other - you are expected to work the Bowl game in January and you also have to work at a Chick-fil-A restaurant for one week during the year.

There are newer employer reviews for Chick-fil-A