Chick-fil-A

There are newer employer reviews for Chick-fil-A

Great Company to work for

Current Employee - Team Member in White Marsh, MD
Current Employee - Team Member in White Marsh, MD

I have been working at Chick-fil-A part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I love the environment and the food! The "2nd mile service" that Chick-fil-A advocates attracts great customers from all over. I have worked there for over 4 years while in school, and I have always come back because the employees are always great to work with and the management is great and efficient.

Cons

It is a openly Christian organization, so if you do not share the same views...it can be uncomfortable at times. But, for the most part, religious beliefs do not spill into daily activities. Each Owner/Operator is different.

832 Other Employee Reviews for Chick-fil-A (View Most Recent)

Great, flexible part-time job for students.

Current Employee - Evening Manager in Stone Mountain, GA
    Current Employee - Evening Manager in Stone Mountain, GA

I have been working at Chick-fil-A part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Hours are EXTREMELY flexible. I practically write my own schedule (however it was not that way before I "established" myself there.) Great people to work with. Great environment.

Cons

Pay is just ok, (better than most fast-food jobs). Extremely strict on exceptional customer service. (This is fine after you get used to it)

None. The managers are great in my experience. I had one experience with a really bad manager, however, me and a couple of fellow employees had a meeting with the General Manager and the "bad manager" got her hours cut down to practically nothing and eventually had to quit.

Great first job or if you need a "job" in this terrible economy.

Former Employee - Team Member in Lufkin, TX
    Former Employee - Team Member in Lufkin, TX

I worked at Chick-fil-A full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-Free meals depending on what store you work at. (Certain items were explicitly off limits, but the fact that I got free meals when I worked offset that minor detail).

-Consistent workweek. If hired full time, you usually got 40 hours; occasionally more depending on your General Manager.

-Pay was "decent" for food service.

-The owner and most of the management "genuinely" cared about their employees, which is a rare thing to see in any line of work.

-I've been able to "return" to work when home from "college breaks" back during my days while I was attending college in Louisiana.

-A big positive mark is when I had an "emergency" relocation from New Orleans to Lufkin due to the economy was that my prior history with management allowed me another oppourtunity to work here once again (it was my 7th time in all), even though they knew I would eventually move onto bigger and better things. This ALONE says a lot about who my owner/management are in their "personal lives" as well as their "professional lives."

Cons

-General Manager could get onto everyone if any one person was off task on something. However, with 11 years of history (off/on) with this specific location along with experience elsewhere in different parts of the country; you learn to be pretty thick skinned and not let it bother you.

-Early workdays, but if you are available "full time," realizing that the stores open from 6-6:30am comes with the territory. Often if you had to unload a truck shipment, you'd be waking up between 5-5:30 am.

Other than these 2 things (which aren't a huge deal in the grand scheme of things), there isn't a lot of "negative" to say about the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Chick-fil-A