Chick-fil-A

www.chick-fil-a.com

Great first job or if you need a "job" in this terrible economy.

Team Member (Former Employee) Lufkin, TX

Pros-Free meals depending on what store you work at. (Certain items were explicitly off limits, but the fact that I got free meals when I worked offset that minor detail).

-Consistent workweek. If hired full time, you usually got 40 hours; occasionally more depending on your General Manager.

-Pay was "decent" for food service.

-The owner and most of the management "genuinely" cared about their employees, which is a rare thing to see in any line of work.

-I've been able to "return" to work when home from "college breaks" back during my days while I was attending college in Louisiana.

-A big positive mark is when I had an "emergency" relocation from New Orleans to Lufkin due to the economy was that my prior history with management allowed me another oppourtunity to work here once again (it was my 7th time in all), even though they knew I would eventually move onto bigger and better things. This ALONE says a lot about who my owner/management are in their "personal lives" as well as their "professional lives."

Cons-General Manager could get onto everyone if any one person was off task on something. However, with 11 years of history (off/on) with this specific location along with experience elsewhere in different parts of the country; you learn to be pretty thick skinned and not let it bother you.

-Early workdays, but if you are available "full time," realizing that the stores open from 6-6:30am comes with the territory. Often if you had to unload a truck shipment, you'd be waking up between 5-5:30 am.

Other than these 2 things (which aren't a huge deal in the grand scheme of things), there isn't a lot of "negative" to say about the company.

Good

Drive-Thru/Team Member (Current Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Chick-fil-A part-time for more than a year

Pros: Flexible and good work environment Cons: slow progression even if on track for leadership Advice to Senior Management: show employees that you really do care about them Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A good way to make part-time money.

Team Member (Current Employee) Tallahassee, FL

I have been working at Chick-fil-A part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good people Good food Customers enjoy it Customers appreciate second-mile service Cons: Low pay Hard work Fast-paced Can result in burns Advice to Senior Management: I think there should be more opportunity to advance and be… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Chick-fil-A.

Worked for Chick-fil-A? Contribute to the Community!