There are newer employer reviews for Chick-fil-A

Great first job or if you need a "job" in this terrible economy.

Former Employee - Team Member  in  Lufkin, TX
Former Employee - Team Member in Lufkin, TX

I worked at Chick-fil-A full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-Free meals depending on what store you work at. (Certain items were explicitly off limits, but the fact that I got free meals when I worked offset that minor detail).

-Consistent workweek. If hired full time, you usually got 40 hours; occasionally more depending on your General Manager.

-Pay was "decent" for food service.

-The owner and most of the management "genuinely" cared about their employees, which is a rare thing to see in any line of work.

-I've been able to "return" to work when home from "college breaks" back during my days while I was attending college in Louisiana.

-A big positive mark is when I had an "emergency" relocation from New Orleans to Lufkin due to the economy was that my prior history with management allowed me another oppourtunity to work here once again (it was my 7th time in all), even though they knew I would eventually move onto bigger and better things. This ALONE says a lot about who my owner/management are in their "personal lives" as well as their "professional lives."

Cons

-General Manager could get onto everyone if any one person was off task on something. However, with 11 years of history (off/on) with this specific location along with experience elsewhere in different parts of the country; you learn to be pretty thick skinned and not let it bother you.

-Early workdays, but if you are available "full time," realizing that the stores open from 6-6:30am comes with the territory. Often if you had to unload a truck shipment, you'd be waking up between 5-5:30 am.

Other than these 2 things (which aren't a huge deal in the grand scheme of things), there isn't a lot of "negative" to say about the company.

701 Other Employee Reviews for Chick-fil-A (View Most Recent)

Good

Current Employee - Drive-Thru/Team Member  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Drive-Thru/Team Member in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Chick-fil-A part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible and good work environment

Cons

slow progression even if on track for leadership

show employees that you really do care about them

Hard work and lots of criticism for low pay

Current Employee - Team Member  in  Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Team Member in Marietta, GA

I have been working at Chick-fil-A part-time for less than a year

Pros

-off on sunday
    -nice environment-employees are nice
    -at my location, the owner typically works and is very supportive
    -fresh food-and yummy!
    -pretty flexible schedule
    -Great job to teach manners

Cons

-The supervising managers only have negative things to say to you, I almost feel as if I couldn't do anything right while working
    -I'd hear multiple variations on how to do things "the right way"
    -The constant criticism got so bad that it was starting to affect me emotionally, and led to self-esteem issues
    -One of the managers is very disliked among the employees. She is 18 and orders people around like dogs-as do all the managers.
    -Be prepared to come to work sick/injured.
    -Because of the "second mile service", be ready to do a lot of extra work for minimum wage!
    -I got blamed several times for things I did not do.
    -I literally dread going to work because of one manager that gives me a hard time.

Do not hire 18 year old people to be managers, they are too young and manipulative to be giving orders to people their own age and older. The one 18 year old manager i work with has caused me many problems.

There are newer employer reviews for Chick-fil-A

Worked for Chick-fil-A? Contribute to the Community!