Chick-fil-A

www.chick-fil-a.com

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Team Member  in  Nashville, TN
Current Employee - Team Member in Nashville, TN

Pros

Awesome management that treats us like real people! I love that the company puts its people before profit and that they are closed on Sunday. I know this would be a great place to start a career!

Cons

I really can not think of any. Sometimes others can be difficult but work is not suppose to be easy!

Keep up the good work

Other reviews for Chick-fil-A

Like A Family

Current Employee - Kitchen Manager
    Current Employee - Kitchen Manager

Pros

People tend to become family there. My boss is amazing! He hugs us and tells us he appreciates us each day! They work well with your life schedule also.

Cons

You can only move up so far. Terrible benefits......no 401K, paid vacation, maternity leave, etc.

Some good benefits, bad management.

Current Employee - Kitchen Team Member  in  Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Kitchen Team Member in Richmond, VA

Pros

I am glad to have a guaranteed day off.

Cons

The location I work at has, what I believe, a problem with the styles of management. Everyone realizes that we have to be on our game during a rush, so we don't need the managers to constantly criticize our performance in a non-productive manner. The franchise operator takes care of the shop in general, but you will only ever see him bagging orders. The assistant manager has a more laid back attitude, which I like, but he doesn't understand anything about how the kitchen runs and how busy we really are. He almost never volunteers to help us, and I frequently have to clean up after him. I have been talked to multiple times about doing something wrong, when it all comes back to the fact that I wasn't trained properly. In my general manager position at my last job, II made sure people were trained properly, I made sure I did my fair share, and I certainly made sure that I was acting appropriately towards my employees. These are all things I don't see in the franchise. And everyday, I run into some problem in the kitchen that would have been solved by having one or two more people there, even only if for a few hours. I am supposed to be in a different position, but the kitchen performance as a whole is being held over my head as an excuse not to train me. Again, the problem would be solved if one or two more people were hired, but this location seems to have a problem hiring people and getting them to stay. I would ideally like to work for corporate, but there are few opportunities on the website that I could apply for, and no one at the store can help me.

Stress proper training of employees, and especially stress different management styles. Most managers are so focused on getting sales that they neglect training, employees, and making sure the store is properly staffed. When an employee feels like they are being berated all of the time, we get angry and frustrated, and our experiences reflect badly on the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Chick-fil-A.

Worked for Chick-fil-A? Contribute to the Community!