There are newer employer reviews for Chick-fil-A

Strong Values

Current Employee - Marketing Director
Current Employee - Marketing Director

I have been working at Chick-fil-A part-time for more than a year

Pros

Strong, loyal customer base. Consistent hospitality training emphasis on having a positive impact on every guest. Opportunity for growth.

Cons

Pay. Each store is independently owned and operated, so transferring may be a little cumbersome. Also, each Operator can choose his or her own leadership format, so the responsibilities & hierarchy of the leadership team from store-to-store may vary.

710 Other Employee Reviews for Chick-fil-A (View Most Recent)

High School Job

I worked at Chick-fil-A

Pros

I worked after school until close and worked often. I loved the company and everything it did for people. But each Chickfila is different cause that all have various owners.

Cons

I never moved up. And with them all being individual owners some are cheap and only care about the bottom line. However you did have people that abused chickfila's nice ness which would make you made but there's not much you can do

Great company to work for, pay attention to store operators

I worked at Chick-fil-A

Pros

Management genuinely cares about developing employees' skills, potential, and goals. Employees are held to a high standard of servant-style leadership and an excellent work ethic, and typically management will motivate you rather than drag you up to those standards. There is always the exception of a "bad apple" manager or store operator, but as a company Chick-fil-a goes to great lengths to provide and create a healthy and positive work environment for its employees. As a widely-respected company, you will also have the opportunity to impress future employers with your experience there much more so than in most other fast food jobs. Chick-fil-a also offers a scholarship to employees who meet the required number of hours.

Cons

In my experience, cons greatly depend on the management in the particular location you work at. I worked in a Chick-fil-a for 4 years and loved it until the 5th year rolled in and I relocated to a new store which was honestly one of the worst places I have ever spent my time. All of that depended on the management and the general attitude with which the store was run and the employees were treated. A great way to avoid negative experiences would be to ask a few questions when the opportunity is provided during your interview - for example, "How do you, as a manager/operator, develop your employees' strengths and keep a positive team-oriented atmosphere?"

There are newer employer reviews for Chick-fil-A

Worked for Chick-fil-A? Contribute to the Community!