There are newer employer reviews for Chico's FAS

Many leadership changes has created a "clique" environment

Current Employee - Store Manager in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Store Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Chico's FAS

Pros

Lucrative bonus if you make sales plan Good commission structure with no return penalty Most stores aren't in malls so hours are more reasonable than typical retail hours

Cons

Personal sales goals for management has made it challenging to get all respinsibilities completed Extremely reactive to challenging business- promos change way too often; confusing and upsetting the customer STORE TAKES THE NEGATIVE SALES HIT FOR ONLINE RETURNS!!! store is required to make up for lost volume from online returns

Advice to Management

Walk in Store Managers shoes for one month and experience how disorganized corporate office decisions look to the field. Allocations needs to do a better job getting replenishment out to the west coast in a timely matter.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Very dissatisfied

Current Employee - Key Holder in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Key Holder in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Chico's FAS

Pros

Great immediate manager, works as hard as her ladies!!

Cons

DM is too far removed from the reality of life on the floor.

Advice to Management

Appraisals should come from our immediate managers , who need to have the power to influence the daily lives of their associates. Not so faceless person who has no idea who the hard working women of Chico's. Want retention? EE Satisfaction? and Pride? recognize instead of criticize.

Disappointing.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marina del Rey, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marina del Rey, CA

I worked at Chico's FAS

Pros

I met some awesome people. My people skills greatly improved. I was given an opportunity to do a variety of different responsibilities my first six years. It was better when it was owned by the founders.

Cons

The upper management only care about your stats. It doesn't matter how much you do all the other things that make up the the total function of the store. You could do some amazing things, but if your numbers are not stellar, your made to feel like your a failure. Management plays favorites and uses employes when it suits them. The employes they use are then penalized when their stats are below par. The company expects you to wait on too many customers at one time, but they expect you to give them all the " most amazing personal service"!! The company has unrealistic expectations!!

Advice to Management

They should look at the employes as human beings and not numbers. Get back to basics. Stop so many promotions and coupons. The customers are too spoiled and treat the associates like they are slaves. The value of the product is reduced and the value of respect for the associates has greatly diminished.