Chico's FAS

www.chicos.com
There are newer employer reviews for Chico's FAS

Managers need to back off

Current Employee - In-store Visual Coordinator in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - In-store Visual Coordinator in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Chico's FAS part-time (less than a year)

Pros

gaining experience to find another job
fun sales associates
good discount

Cons

over-bearing manager
not given hours
low pay

stop talking about employees behind their backs & allow them to do their jobs

548 Other Employee Reviews for Chico's FAS (View Most Recent)

I have met lots of really good friends and been able to buy lots of beautiful clothes at a great discount..

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Rogers, AR
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Rogers, AR

I have been working at Chico's FAS part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The Company treats us fairly and we get lots of beautiful clothes....

Cons

I don't like working evenings....

Listen to your employees..

Good clothing, hires from within, could use some updating in operational areas

Current Employee - Pt Associate in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Pt Associate in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Chico's FAS part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great Discount across all brands, Decent training , Promotional opportunities in the company; promotes from within, Good quality clothing, Loyal customer base and company is very customer-centric; Associates are empowered to "make it right" for the customer.
    Chico's prides itself on excellent and personalized service. There is regular training to update Associates on trends, products, selling tips and ways to increase productivity. Associates are encouraged to form relationships with customers.

Cons

Constantly changing environment, can be difficult for new hires; Upper management is not always approachable; Commission structure is not highly competitive; POS system complicated to learn/use; Scheduling does not happen very far in advance (less than one week out); Managers salary structure puts them in competition with their staff.

Fewer policy/procedure ongoing changes-company is too reactive. Update the POS system to be more user friendly and stable so that associates can better service customers. Review commission structure to be more competitive; current tiered structure has been in place almost a decade and needs to be revised. Store Managers are in direct competition with their sales staff, often they cannot provide adequate customer service and it can create strife on the sales floor.

There are newer employer reviews for Chico's FAS