There are newer employer reviews for Chico's FAS

Very Political

Former Employee - Store Manager in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Store Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Chico's FAS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Loved the relationship building with the customers. The staff is mature, genuine and talented. They taught me a lot about true selling versus servicing. The stores are small in square feet, so they are easy to manage. Not near the task work of other companies I managed. Floor sets and visuals are a piece of cake.

Cons

I found my district manager to be very political and dismissive of any issues with other managers in my store. I called corporate to discuss some of these issues three times and they didn't return my calls. I called the next district manager after I left and invited her to have a coffee, she agreed, said she would call back and never did. What happened to being direct? We are all adults!

Please listen to your store managers. We are in the trenches every day and care about the company and the staff.

489 Other Employee Reviews for Chico's FAS (View Most Recent)

Great company!

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Chico's FAS full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

benefits, ft. myers, great campus, amazing culture

Cons

ft. myers, non-structured 9 to 5, etc.

make the most out of your resources!

Current Assistant Manager

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at Chico's FAS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Look forward to my day because of the women I work beside. The job has given me an education in numbers and how corporate sales work. Sales is Sales, no matter what industry you apply it. You will learn to pay attention to your personal productivity and how it impacts the store. They do empower you to make individual service decisions to accommodate your customer.

Cons

Antiquated POS system. Frequently breaking down and leaving you to deal with impatient and entitled customers. For every two fabulous women I work with I have to deal with several others who carry on about coupons, unsatisfactory styling of clothing, etc. We are consistently given extra discounts as a reward, but I fear it is only there to increase the company's bottom line. Having a weekend off is a luxury..knowing your schedule in advance is a 3 day window. When it comes to the end of the day, I am thankful to have a job, but by the time I pay my credit card bill for the clothes I bought, there is not much left over!

Have more consistency in your promotions by ceasing to react daily to numbers. It makes it very difficult for Management to function and give positive direction to their team. If the Company wants to drive sales, stop making the employees responsible for traffic. You're good at incentive programs, come up with one that helps traffic. "The more you shop, the more you save?"

There are newer employer reviews for Chico's FAS