Chico's FAS

There are newer employer reviews for Chico's FAS

A nice place to work

Current Employee - Support Associate in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Support Associate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Chico's FAS part-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Great accessories, jackets, and jeans
-Friendly management and co-workers

Cons

-Long hours standing on one's feet
-Limitations on what one can wear to work

520 Other Employee Reviews for Chico's FAS (View Most Recent)

District and Store Management Harass and Bully Staff

Current Employee - Will Lose My Job If I Say in Fredericksburg, VA
    Current Employee - Will Lose My Job If I Say in Fredericksburg, VA

I have been working at Chico's FAS full-time

Pros

Nice class of customer.
    Some nice colleagues.

Cons

I have witnessed and been the victim of some of the worst workplace bullying I have ever seen at Chicos in Fredericksburg. The District manager is new as is the Store manager and her sales lead.

I have seen them shout at staff, order them, accuse the incorrectly of various actions. Unproven and disgraceful allegations are made against staff which are unfounded and untrue. Most recently the store manager has said that she will discipline the whole staff as someone wrote on her business card. She screams at staff and said that she doesn't care if they don't like her they can just leave. The store manager stood and watched while the sales lead she hired verbally abused and raised her hand to a member of staff. Another member of staff has had her hours reduced for filing a complaint. Actions are continuous and deliberate to force particular members of staff to leave.

The District manager retaliates if you voice any concerns to her in the store but she does not address the Store manager and new sales leads for having mobiles and drinking on the sales floor, when they are actually on the sales floor! She ignores their policy violations while focusing on others. She has been very dismissive of staff member concerns. Staff now know that if they escalate a complaint outside the store then there will be retaliation.

Customers are going to different stores rather then do business in the store due to the management and how they treat the customers. Several customers have said that when they attend the store if faced with the Sales lead or Store Manager that they will take their business elsewhere.

It is very sad to say that what I have written does not even begin to touch on half the issues, bullying, insults, lies and threatening behavior all carried out by the Store manger, Sales lead and supported by the District manager.

Get someone to sort out The Chicos store management, sales lead and district manager in Fredericksburg. Their behavior is vile and unprofessional.

Dont work here!!!!

Current Employee - Store Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Store Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Chico's FAS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

People I work with are great !!

Cons

Vacation??? Time-off??? what a joke. Why bother to give us any when you will only let us take a few days at a time. We have to beg the DM for anything over 5 days off in a row. We work 50 weeks a year and to be told we can not have more then 5 days off to refresh is utter crap!! I am sure the higher ups in the home office do not live by this rule. They vacation in other countrys and rake in the big $$$ on the backs of us in the sweat shops you call stores.

Stop the insanity!!!! No more micro-management by DM and higher level corp.employees!!!!!

There are newer employer reviews for Chico's FAS