There are newer employer reviews for Chico's FAS

Good experience

Current Employee - Associate Designer in Fort Myers, FL
Current Employee - Associate Designer in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Chico's FAS full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Talented people in the Chicos branch of the business

Cons

Long hours nights and weekends

488 Other Employee Reviews for Chico's FAS (View Most Recent)

Amazing, Supportive and True to Core Values

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Chico's FAS full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Love the Company and the importance of building relationships with the customers. They truly believe in putting the customer first. This company allows me to serve women and build a fabulous career by being true to myself and helping women feel confident and beautiful.

Cons

Bonus for Store Managers when Store makes plan, could use a raise.
    Benefits could be more affordable.

Continue to support your staff. Remain competitive with compensation. Also, shop the benefits value vs quality.

If you are young, this is not the company for you.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Chico's FAS part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good 40% discount, sometimes varying from 50% - 65% if we made our sales goals.
    Small boutique

Cons

Very aggressive selling
    Unrealistic Sales Goals
    Very low hours

I am in my 20s and when I found out that I was going to be interviewed for a part time Sales Associate for Chicos, I was ecstatic! Even though the clothing is not marketed to women my age, I thought they were very good quality and the store looked really nice. When I got interviewed, I was told I would be working at least 20-25 hours a week -- but when I got the job, I was lucky if I got 8 hours. Any college student with bills knows that 8 hours a week for $8.50 an hour is NOT cutting it.

During the interview, the manager told me they were all about the customers first and then the sales second. She told me that they did not want to pressure the customer into sales -- boy was she lying. When I got the job, I was constantly yelled at for not making my sales goals. Well when I'm working from 5 pm-close, and the store's location is not very good for traffic (the customers stop coming in around 5), how can you expect me to get over $1000 in sales if no one is in the store?

Commission is very low, also coupons are killers for trying to get your sales up (obviously). If you have a sale of $800, they (Chicos) want you to apply coupons that can take up almost half of that and then they get mad and ask you why you only had a sale of $400 (which only comes out to about $10 in commission). My boss wanted us to literally annoy the customer until we got the sale which would make the customers annoyed and leave the store because they felt like we only saw them as dollar signs.

My coworkers were pretty much all 40+, some even had to come out of retirement and had to get a job there. There were times when I caught them taking my customers and I had to tell them that I wasn't going to tolerate it. They looked down on me because I was so young and thought because they were older, they could talk to me and treat me anyway they wanted. My assistant manager even tried to talk to me like I was a 4 year old child, and I had to politely tell her that just because I'm young, does not make me stupid.

Don't get me started on the customers! Once again my age worked against me; in my location the average customer was 60 and they did not trust my fashion judgement because I was so young and that hindered me in getting sales as well. A lot of them were snobby people and sloppy, too! I don't understand how someone can trash a dressing room and leave the store without caring about what the employees have to do when they leave. They would treat me and my coworkers bad because they had "money" and felt like we were beneath them and they could talk to us anyway they wanted to, but I guess that's what comes with the territory of working in retail & customer service.

Like I said earlier, some clothes are nice, but most of their merchandise is just plain hideous. I guess because I'm in my early 20s and don't really connect with their over 50 target market. I would suggest for any young people to work in stores like Forever 21, H&M, Express, etc, it would be better that way. If you are looking for a good stable job, look another way. If you are not okay with bothering people for sales, look the other way. If you are not okay with working on average 8 hours a week, look the other way. I would only suggest this job for people who are retired and just want to get out of the house for 4 hours a few times a week, not for someone who is looking for a decent steady job.

Calm down on your aggressive selling, it annoys the customer.
    Raise commission, only $10 for a sale from $400 - $500 is ridiculous!

There are newer employer reviews for Chico's FAS