The best out there in retail!

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Chico's FAS full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Have had great mentors as DM's since moving to the outlet division!! Very willing to invest in me for my future growth with the company . Does not micromanage which is very important to me. Utilizes my strengths and challenges me in my opportunity areas. Company believes in our values and work life balance.

Cons

I understand that retail is soft right now. But, there are too many promotional changes, sometimes on a daily basis which is way too time consuming. It takes us away from really being able to help the customer that is in the store. Payroll has been cut too much! If the tasking time outweighs the selling time, then add more payroll back. Lastly, the pay is way too low for the expectations.

Listen to the ones that are actually in the stores. Don't make us feel like we will be blackballed if we tell it like it is. The customers are the ones suffering.

Other Reviews for Chico's FAS

Doing it for the awesome discount, staying for the awesome team.

Current Employee - Stock Associate  in  Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Stock Associate in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Chico's FAS part-time for more than a year

Pros

Best store discount I've ever received and it's for all the brands not just your particular store. My store management team works really well together and understands the importance of making everyone feel appreciated for their part in the success of the store. Can't speak for any other Chicos store. There are policies put into place that guarantee your breaks and lunches. Benefits are offered to pt associates but at a steep cost so most pt staff do not participate but it's there if you want/need them. I am fortunate enough to have tons of flexibility about my schedule since I only do freight and stock work so my hours have little effect on floor coverage. Basically I work hard when I'm there and do what ever extra work is asked of me in exchange for a very fluid schedule.

Cons

Like most other retail jobs, the pay is horrible even if you have years of experience and a solid track record. The number of hours can vary drastically from week to week but I"m ok with that since this is just a pickup job for me.

There is a high turn over on the sales floor due to the sales expectations and low pay set up. Chicos really strives to create a clientele type of customer base with each associate doing telemarketing and appointment selling but should take a look at the value of that type of expectation should justify a higher than minimum wage employee.

Very sad. Gave everything I had and when a new manager took over I was framed and fired

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager  in  Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Spokane, WA

I worked at Chico's FAS full-time for more than a year

Pros

For the clothing discount or if you have a fantastic manager like I did when I started.

Cons

I practically gave up my personal life for my assistant manager position. New manager took over and alienated employees and customers

Your employees should mean something to you. Without them your store will fail. I was fired over a transaction from months ago and I was with my manager at the time. Very cold blooded company!

There are newer employer reviews for Chico's FAS.

Worked for Chico's FAS? Contribute to the Community!