Chico's FAS

www.chicos.com
  www.chicos.com
There are newer employer reviews for Chico's FAS

Busy, and can potentially make you good money.

Former Employee - Lead Sales Associate in Napa, CA
Former Employee - Lead Sales Associate in Napa, CA

I worked at Chico's FAS part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Clothes and accessories are cute. Hourly rate of pay PLUS commission which is hard to find nowadays.

Cons

Expectations for sales and clienteling is a little ridiculous. They don't care about HOW much you sell if you aren't reaching your BPH which is Bonus per Hour. You don't make a dollar in commission unless your sale is over $150. A $300 sale will get you 5 bucks. For someone working 25 hours you MUST make at least 75 dollars in COMMISSION sales a week divide that by your 25 hours worked and you get a $3 BPH which is expected or you will be fired. Sales would be a lot easier if there wasn't a promo everyday knocking off a huge amount. Good for the customer, bad for you. Calling campaigns (cold calling) is expected and required. Your clients get MAD about the constant calls.

There isn't enough staff on at once to expect the customers to get the "chicos experience". Staff has too much to do at once. Write thank you notes, sell, tasks, go backs etc. you are expected to write notes on your 10 min break? Um, that's against the law.

521 Other Employee Reviews for Chico's FAS (View Most Recent)

Overall I enjoyed working there. I would have moved on much sooner had I not had such a good team to work with.

I have been working at Chico's FAS part-time

Pros

Great pay (hourly rate + commission) the harder you work, the more you get
    Good hours
    Fairly flexible

Cons

Unrealistic expectations from corporate
    Can be a hostile work environment due to competitive nature

I absolutely loved my direct manager. It was the upper levels in the company that I had an issue with.

Steep Descent for Sales Associates

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Chico's FAS part-time

Pros

Pretty much all gone ... Feels as if it's just not worth it anymore to dress up, pay for dry cleaning and gas, wear uncomfortable shoes, and put up with what's currently going on in the stores for associates. This is simply not the job it used to be--not even close.

Cons

Feels as if there's a conspiracy (aka corporate mandate) to turn this into a $10.00/hour job, like The Gap, where talented sales people ring up sales and fold jeans. Over the course of the past nine months, the freedom to sell has been almost completely obliterated.A four hour shift is now completely tasked: greeter, cashier, fitting room area, training book, training video, writing thank you cards and calling customers to promote latest promotion. And, there seems to be a new dictate specifying that managers can't ring sales; thus, with two person coverage--one of whom is a manager--the sales associate will end up cashiering the entire shift! To add insult to injury, they will then be asked why they failed to meet the many (often contradictory sales and e-mail capture goals). One can go an entire shift without ringing their own sale! And then, of course, there is the conundrum of how to clean two bathrooms while wearing $300.00 worth of clothes, nice shoes, and jewelry. The possibility to earn commission, which initially attracted me and made the position worthwhile, seems to be eroding to the point of non-existence. So disappointed and, frankly, confused.

For a company that has a metric for everything, they might consider the cost associated with unhappy employees and very frequent turnover (necessitating constant training). Also, new employees make errors, and there must be a cost associated with that, too.

There are newer employer reviews for Chico's FAS