There are newer employer reviews for Chico's FAS

Ok. Lots of pressure to sell, hard to establish a customer base, store layout changes constantly.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Springfield, IL
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Springfield, IL

I have been working at Chico's FAS part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pleasant-looking, safe work environment, good hours. However, the layout of the store changes every few days so it's hard to get a handle on where things are, especially if you only work part-time.

Cons

It's difficult to establish your own customer base if you're new and all repeat customers have been "claimed." The recordkeeping/payroll/cash register/training computer software was very glitchy and outdated. Must clean the store if you're on the closing shift.

Advice to Management

Stop changing the store layout every couple of days!!!!!!!Upgrade your software/cash register so it's more intuitive and more reliable. Hire a company to do the vacuuming, dusting, garbage, etc rather than making nicely dressed employees do it.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Overall I enjoyed working there. I would have moved on much sooner had I not had such a good team to work with.

I have been working at Chico's FAS part-time

Pros

Great pay (hourly rate + commission) the harder you work, the more you get Good hours Fairly flexible

Cons

Unrealistic expectations from corporate Can be a hostile work environment due to competitive nature

Advice to Management

I absolutely loved my direct manager. It was the upper levels in the company that I had an issue with.

Frontline Design Is Not a Good Place to Be

Former Contractor - C2PO in Fort Myers, FL
    Former Contractor - C2PO in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Chico's FAS as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The Fort Myers Campus has great amenities, coffee, sweet tea, water coolers, etc. Lots of parking. Cafes on site, post office, dry cleaners, many things to lure cultured people to Fort Myers.

Cons

The design team for Outlets is an amazingly great group of people. However, the Design team for Chico's Frontline is a very unhappy place. Most of the full-time designers are unhappy, and are not friendly toward freelance design contractors. They make it point to make things difficult for contractors, in all ways possible.

Advice to Management

Middle management treats contractors poorly. This should be approved upon.