Chico's FAS

www.chicos.com
  www.chicos.com
There are newer employer reviews for Chico's FAS

Overall I enjoyed working there. I would have moved on much sooner had I not had such a good team to work with.

I have been working at Chico's FAS part-time

Pros

Great pay (hourly rate + commission) the harder you work, the more you get
Good hours
Fairly flexible

Cons

Unrealistic expectations from corporate
Can be a hostile work environment due to competitive nature

I absolutely loved my direct manager. It was the upper levels in the company that I had an issue with.

520 Other Employee Reviews for Chico's FAS (View Most Recent)

Steep Descent for Sales Associates

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Chico's FAS part-time

Pros

Pretty much all gone ... Feels as if it's just not worth it anymore to dress up, pay for dry cleaning and gas, wear uncomfortable shoes, and put up with what's currently going on in the stores for associates. This is simply not the job it used to be--not even close.

Cons

Feels as if there's a conspiracy (aka corporate mandate) to turn this into a $10.00/hour job, like The Gap, where talented sales people ring up sales and fold jeans. Over the course of the past nine months, the freedom to sell has been almost completely obliterated.A four hour shift is now completely tasked: greeter, cashier, fitting room area, training book, training video, writing thank you cards and calling customers to promote latest promotion. And, there seems to be a new dictate specifying that managers can't ring sales; thus, with two person coverage--one of whom is a manager--the sales associate will end up cashiering the entire shift! To add insult to injury, they will then be asked why they failed to meet the many (often contradictory sales and e-mail capture goals). One can go an entire shift without ringing their own sale! And then, of course, there is the conundrum of how to clean two bathrooms while wearing $300.00 worth of clothes, nice shoes, and jewelry. The possibility to earn commission, which initially attracted me and made the position worthwhile, seems to be eroding to the point of non-existence. So disappointed and, frankly, confused.

For a company that has a metric for everything, they might consider the cost associated with unhappy employees and very frequent turnover (necessitating constant training). Also, new employees make errors, and there must be a cost associated with that, too.

Frontline Design Is Not a Good Place to Be

Former Employee - C2PO in Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - C2PO in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Chico's FAS as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The Fort Myers Campus has great amenities, coffee, sweet tea, water coolers, etc. Lots of parking. Cafes on site, post office, dry cleaners, many things to lure cultured people to Fort Myers.

Cons

The design team for Outlets is an amazingly great group of people. However, the Design team for Chico's Frontline is a very unhappy place. Most of the full-time designers are unhappy, and are not friendly toward freelance design contractors. They make it point to make things difficult for contractors, in all ways possible.

Middle management treats contractors poorly. This should be approved upon.

There are newer employer reviews for Chico's FAS