There are newer employer reviews for Chico's FAS

Overall I enjoyed working there. I would have moved on much sooner had I not had such a good team to work with.

I have been working at Chico's FAS part-time

Pros

Great pay (hourly rate + commission) the harder you work, the more you get Good hours Fairly flexible

Cons

Unrealistic expectations from corporate Can be a hostile work environment due to competitive nature

Advice to Management

I absolutely loved my direct manager. It was the upper levels in the company that I had an issue with.

Other Employee Reviews for Chico's FAS

Having sales promotions everyday loses impact over time

Current Employee - Sales Associate in North Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in North Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Chico's FAS part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Helping shoppers find looks they love, offering great customer service

Cons

As an employee, with all the ongoing daily promotions and coupons, it is hard to make your big 1.00 bonus for sales over $150, since the coupons bring the final price down. And the time you are forced to make phone calls takes away from selling bonus opportunities. Having fewer promotions would certainly be more effective, and less annoying when a customer receives notices in the mail, and phone calls with the same information. The other downside is you are competing with managers for sales. As you are expected to project the Chico's style, the discounts should be much higher than they are. On sales merchandise, you often do not pay any differently from what the customer pays. There are ongoing contests to allow you to purchase at higher discounts, but that also comes with pressure to buy. Since monthly staffing allowances dictate how many hours you work, you may end up scheduled for just one day in a week.

Advice to Management

The customer is being trained not to purchase at full-price, but just wait a couple of days/weeks and it will be 30% to 50% off the ticketed price. It seems as if there is a call campaign twice a week, we harass the customer rather than cultivate a high-end shopping experience. Management does not allow stores to have more than 1 or 2 chairs for customers to sit in as they want them to be buying, rather like turning over tables at a restaurant. A boutique with a Wal-Mart ethic.

Rewards with Bittersweet difficulties

Pros

This is a great job for a go getter who loves fashion and people. You get to know your customers on a personal level and have fun while making a bonus over and above your wage. The company discount is decent and there are lots of contests and perks. If you have great team, your set.

Cons

The micromanaging from corporate level is astonishing. The constant changes makes one feel uneasy about those who guide the comapany's path. Ethical oversight is difficult to navigate as bonuses make people greedy and thieving. There is no oversight regarding this and people can be mean to eachother and people can get taken advantage of. Catty environment. Unless one is persistent, complaints go unanswered.

Advice to Management

Trust your people more and reward more, ridicule less. Listen to complaints regarding behavior and ethics. Stop micromanaging....This was once a fun company to work for and it isn't anymore ! Be more consistent with promotions. Too many mistakes! And MAKE BETTER PRODUCT!