Chico's FAS

There are newer employer reviews for Chico's FAS

Need to look for Real District Managers who know how to lead

Former Employee - Store Manager in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Store Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Chico's FAS full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The customers are fun even if you don't say the script given by Chico's, they want to be talked to like you are a human. If you have a great team which is built by the store manager it all falls into place.

Cons

District managers cause chaos in the stores. They do not know how to be in that position, they are negative and bring the store down when they come. No one is good enough for them and they do not project a good image for the company. Is that the way to do business?

Training of District management is overdue. The position should be a positive experience for the store manager and staff. I actually had one DM manhandle me on the sales floor, they don't know how to sell, always yelling out for someone to help them. The one I am referring to has been with the company a long time and is so bad at the job and I hear is getting worse. Check out the PNW Chico's, you have a problem there.

545 Other Employee Reviews for Chico's FAS (View Most Recent)

Great company!

I have been working at Chico's FAS

Pros

Well run, no debt, focused on family/work balance, room for advancement, promote from within.

Cons

It's retail so of course compensation isn't high, they could set themselves apart and offer something no other retailer does such as better than average benefits, etc.

It's a great place to work, learn, and grow.

Current Employee - Assistant Merchant
    Current Employee - Assistant Merchant

I have been working at Chico's FAS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

on site health and fitness center, farmers market every tuesday, personal dry cleaning, car detailing, and golf carts to get you around campus

Cons

like any retail- long hours.

empower your people