There are newer employer reviews for Chico's FAS

Great environment, friendly people, growing ups and downs.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Chico's FAS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Chico's FAS has a great campus for corporate associates and offers many perks such as a gym, summer hours, and a childcare center! HR and the brands are somewhat committed to learning and development opportunities for their employees.

Cons

As the brands grow there are the normal growing up and downs that would not occur at more established companies. There are some managers who are not good at managing, and there are some areas with poor work/life balance.

Advice to Management

Lead by example and embrace change that is best for the business.

Other Employee Reviews for Chico's FAS

Do not Work Here if you are looking to have a peace of mind

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Chico's FAS part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Customers are some of the best people to work with. Many clothes and jewelry are unique in design, although sometimes poor in quality, Some co-workers are really great hardworking women, while some- no so much.

Cons

Sketchy commission scale, unethical management, sometimes racist against minority customers, a million things to do in so little time, completely ignorant and inexperienced store managers who tend to drag the store and team down. I had a manager who was a complete idiot to work for. She didn't know how to delegate or train employees. I couldn't believe she had been with the company over 5 years! She gossiped about employees and was just outright mean. The district manager was no better. How do you let these people get away with this for so long? All the while the company is blind to this all. I didn't have a catty environment-oh no- these women were much more clever and sneaky about stealing sales and gaining the affections of your customers. I did not trust them at all. It took months for me to get these women in check. Because I was younger, the naturally felt like they could walk all over me. Work responsibilities were delegated unfairly. I could go on about this disaster waiting to happen, but no, do not let them sell you on it being the most amazing place to work. A joke.

Advice to Management

Hire experienced district managers who know when to fire bad store managers.

Learned a lot but at a price

Former Employee - Associate Buyer in Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - Associate Buyer in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Chico's FAS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent salary and benefits. I was given a lot of duties which enabled me to learn a lot.

Cons

Lack of work life balance and location