Chico's FAS

www.chicos.com
  www.chicos.com
There are newer employer reviews for Chico's FAS

Tenured and time to go!!!!! (Well over 10 years)

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Chico's FAS full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good associate discounts, flexible and work life balance schedule. Although almost every benefit has increased in cost and reduced in benefits, it's still pretty competitive.

Cons

Unrealistic sales plans and selling bonus plan for both sales and management....a tool they use to manipulate salaries. This applies primarily to Store Management teams.
Internet returns go against the stores' sales. Yet sales plans have increased.
This company is no longer "different" or "special" than every other retailer.

Pay fairly for work performed. Consider the increase in internet/catalog business and separate this business from the stores.
Bring integrity back to the brand (Chico's).

512 Other Employee Reviews for Chico's FAS (View Most Recent)

MAPPS Most Amazing Horrible company to work for.

I have been working at Chico's FAS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Peers are nice and they take so much negativity from this company and still do a great job.

Cons

Bully ,descendant District Managers ,Upper management ignore concerns from employees regarding sexual harassment,bulling,discrimination.HR would not get involve and they will retaliate against you until you leave nor fire you.Not allow to take 2 days off together even you DM takes every weekend off.Many,many time you must take your lunch in the store because there is not enough coverage or you take it 6 even 7 hours after or not at all you star your shift and when you complaint they tell you that you need to hire up.There so many unlawful things in this company that are cover that I can go on and on .Stay away best advise.

I do not believe you treat your people well as you said you will.I do see this company going away ,there is no company who can survive on base missed treating their employees .People get tired and good talent wont stay.Hire more prepare District Manager who know how to treat people and have basic soft skills.

Great Customers-Good Bonus

Former Employee - Sales Lead in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Lead in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Chico's FAS part-time

Pros

The Bonus - The employee's did not have to give back there hard earned bonus if a customer brought back their purchase. The customers always had a sense of What's New outlook when they came in to our store to purchase our new line.

Cons

The District Manager-She was promoted over a much more qualified person. Once this was done she has formed her own team among her stores of who she promotes and who she ignores for advancement. If she had her way everyone over 40 would be gone. The store managers are divided into two groups.-Old or Young. She has promoted one manger from the lowest volume store to one of the highest volume stores within almost a year+. Why? because she is young. What is ironic about this the store manager is using her to get head and bad months her. The gossip about this district is unbelievable. I still hear from my former co-workers about the so called crap going on-phone calls back and forth among management is still in full swing. We were told that if we keep our BPH up we would get the hours....So not true...the DM has control of schedule and she gives most hours to a lower performer that she has in her "group of favorites"-That stand around and talk while we did their go backs and other tasking.

The hotline and HR is a joke. When we have called it goes back to the DM and we get in trouble for letting it get this far. Employees are keeping their months shut for ear of losing their jobs. So they are being bullied to suck it up and just take it. There ARE NO VALUES THE COMPANY PREACHES IN THIS DISTRICT.

There are newer employer reviews for Chico's FAS