Chico's FAS

www.chicos.com
  www.chicos.com
There are newer employer reviews for Chico's FAS

Tenured and time to go!!!!! (Well over 10 years)

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Chico's FAS full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good associate discounts, flexible and work life balance schedule. Although almost every benefit has increased in cost and reduced in benefits, it's still pretty competitive.

Cons

Unrealistic sales plans and selling bonus plan for both sales and management....a tool they use to manipulate salaries. This applies primarily to Store Management teams.
Internet returns go against the stores' sales. Yet sales plans have increased.
This company is no longer "different" or "special" than every other retailer.

Pay fairly for work performed. Consider the increase in internet/catalog business and separate this business from the stores.
Bring integrity back to the brand (Chico's).

521 Other Employee Reviews for Chico's FAS (View Most Recent)

Great Place to Work? - No Way

Current Employee - Manager in Winder, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Winder, GA

I have been working at Chico's FAS full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Nice facilities. Great location. Willingness to spend for automation. Air conditioned warehouse with new fitness center opening soon. Open campus environment.

Cons

Upper management treats Leads, Supervisors, and Managers like crap. Push, push, push and threaten you with being replaced. Talks the talk...does not walk the walk.

Stop threatening middle managers, supervisors, and leads. Start treating middle management with the same great place to work philosophy that you preach for hourly associates.

Great Customers-Good Bonus

Former Employee - Sales Lead in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Lead in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Chico's FAS part-time

Pros

The Bonus - The employee's did not have to give back there hard earned bonus if a customer brought back their purchase. The customers always had a sense of What's New outlook when they came in to our store to purchase our new line.

Cons

The District Manager-She was promoted over a much more qualified person. Once this was done she has formed her own team among her stores of who she promotes and who she ignores for advancement. If she had her way everyone over 40 would be gone. The store managers are divided into two groups.-Old or Young. She has promoted one manger from the lowest volume store to one of the highest volume stores within almost a year+. Why? because she is young. What is ironic about this the store manager is using her to get head and bad months her. The gossip about this district is unbelievable. I still hear from my former co-workers about the so called crap going on-phone calls back and forth among management is still in full swing. We were told that if we keep our BPH up we would get the hours....So not true...the DM has control of schedule and she gives most hours to a lower performer that she has in her "group of favorites"-That stand around and talk while we did their go backs and other tasking.

The hotline and HR is a joke. When we have called it goes back to the DM and we get in trouble for letting it get this far. Employees are keeping their months shut for ear of losing their jobs. So they are being bullied to suck it up and just take it. There ARE NO VALUES THE COMPANY PREACHES IN THIS DISTRICT.

There are newer employer reviews for Chico's FAS