There are newer employer reviews for Chico's FAS

A year ago a great place to work...not so much anymore with new management

Current Employee - Sale Associate
Current Employee - Sale Associate

I have been working at Chico's FAS

Pros

Flexible schedule
SOME good store management

Cons

HIgher management is "threatening"
Low pay
Sales goals creates hostile and frustrating competition between sales associates
Some new procedures (telephone soliciting) makes Chico's seem tacky
1 hour of your day is spent ambassadoring - can't make any sales during this hour.
Very few benefits for part time employees, no full time positions for sales associates.
Employee discount dropped from 50% to 40%.

Stop managing by threats (you'll get fired if you do this or that)

A sales associate was told to face the door during ambassadoring, she couldn't even turn her head toward the back of the store. Associates sometimes treated like little children.

New procedure telephone soliciting is so very tacky. I don't know of any other reputable retail store that bothers customers at home to come shop even when there are no events happening.

Sales goals too high and so little time to sell for associates. 1 hour ambassadoring, bothering customers with telephone soliciting, keeping store in "perfect" condition. Let sales associates sell and have support staff to do all those other time consuming things.

Becoming a very uncomfortable place to work. Micromanagment at it's finest. I'm becoming increasingly frightened to come to work because I know I will always do something "wrong". Employees under such "strict" guidlines during the entire shift.

Not a relaxed atmosphere at all and not a "fun" place to work. Sales associates no longer able to sell100% during a shift- at least 2+ hours doing other ridiculous things.

A year ago I wouldn't have said this.

470 Other Employee Reviews for Chico's FAS (View Most Recent)

Reasonable for temporary employment. Not great for long term.

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Chico's FAS

Pros

Good employee discount. In my experience the other sales associates are nice. Flexible scheduling

Cons

Low pay. Little direction from anyone higher up then the store manager. Sales targets are set aggressively high and then you are expected to meet them. The bonus system is structured unfairly and isn't a good incentive device.

Have upper management get more involved in the branches. If you expect employees to meet sales goals and sell so aggressively you may want to pay a little more competitively. Most sales associates 6 mos - 1 year in are still making minimum wage.
    Many of the women I have come across are talented and educated. Management should take the time to develop this talent.

Over worked and very, very underpaid

Current Employee - Sales Lead
    Current Employee - Sales Lead

I have been working at Chico's FAS

Pros

Good discount
    Very fun clientele base
    Flexibility with store events and outreach

Cons

Horrible hourly pay
    Only management can get full time positions - it's frustrating to work 40 hours a week as a Sales Lead and have the pressure of upper management and receive no benefits or paid time off.
    As an "incentive" they took away part of our bonus as an "incentive" to have higher sales.
    No matter what you do right, all they look at is what you did wrong. And you always do something wrong - ALWAYS.
    Hire poor quality associates and managers. My current manager told me she hated clothing...then WHY is she my store manager at a store selling apparel?!
    There is absolutely too much pressure on making conversion, UPT, ADS, and daily/weekly/monthly sales goals.

Don't take away an incentive and claim it to be an incentive!
    Hire quality associates, not fillers.
    Back off the numbers and realize that we're in a recession and it's hard to make +30%` of last year's comp! Trust me, your associates are trying!

There are newer employer reviews for Chico's FAS

Worked for Chico's FAS? Contribute to the Community!