Chico's FAS

www.chicos.com

A year ago a great place to work...not so much anymore with new management

Sale Associate (Current Employee)

ProsFlexible schedule
SOME good store management

ConsHIgher management is "threatening"
Low pay
Sales goals creates hostile and frustrating competition between sales associates
Some new procedures (telephone soliciting) makes Chico's seem tacky
1 hour of your day is spent ambassadoring - can't make any sales during this hour.
Very few benefits for part time employees, no full time positions for sales associates.
Employee discount dropped from 50% to 40%.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop managing by threats (you'll get fired if you do this or that)

A sales associate was told to face the door during ambassadoring, she couldn't even turn her head toward the back of the store. Associates sometimes treated like little children.

New procedure telephone soliciting is so very tacky. I don't know of any other reputable retail store that bothers customers at home to come shop even when there are no events happening.

Sales goals too high and so little time to sell for associates. 1 hour ambassadoring, bothering customers with telephone soliciting, keeping store in "perfect" condition. Let sales associates sell and have support staff to do all those other time consuming things.

Becoming a very uncomfortable place to work. Micromanagment at it's finest. I'm becoming increasingly frightened to come to work because I know I will always do something "wrong". Employees under such "strict" guidlines during the entire shift.

Not a relaxed atmosphere at all and not a "fun" place to work. Sales associates no longer able to sell100% during a shift- at least 2+ hours doing other ridiculous things.

A year ago I wouldn't have said this.

Over worked and very, very underpaid

Sales Lead (Current Employee)

I have been working at Chico's FAS

Pros: Good discount Very fun clientele base Flexibility with store events and outreach Cons: Horrible hourly pay Only management can get full time positions - it's frustrating to work 40 hours a week as a Sales Lead and have the… Advice to Senior Management: Don't take away an incentive and claim it to be an incentive! Hire quality associates, not fillers. Back off the numbers and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Reasonable for temporary employment. Not great for long term.

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Chico's FAS

Pros: Good employee discount. In my experience the other sales… Cons: Low pay. Little direction from anyone higher up then the store manager. Sales targets are set aggressively high… Advice to Senior Management: Have upper management get more involved in the branches. If you expect employees to meet sales goals and sell so aggressively you may want… More

There are newer reviews on Chico's FAS.

Worked for Chico's FAS? Contribute to the Community!