Child Development

www.cdicdc.org
There are newer employer reviews for Child Development

Potential to do great work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Child Development full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits for full and part time employees; great training/leadership opportunities; quality programs for children and familes; supportive resources (program, CCFP).

Cons

Work load for center staff is unrealistic; not a lot of opportunity for job advancement/movement; haven't had raises in 4 years; little or no acknowledgment of hard work; loss of values; inconsistent/late yearly performance reviews

Senior managment needs to bring back the values through role modeling. Work to build trust with every employee. Offer time to meet with individuals and get to know centers, staff and communities. Do not make assumptions but ask questions and seek knowledge. Work through peoples strengths. Do not let the power of the position drive your work; it's the people that will bring success. Walk the talk.

6 Other Employee Reviews for Child Development (View Most Recent)

Site Supervisor

Former Employee - Site Supervisor in Cupertino, CA
    Former Employee - Site Supervisor in Cupertino, CA

I worked at Child Development full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This is a great starter job. The company provides a lot of training as a professional, taught me management and leadership skills, and to take initiative. I have always felt listened to when there was concern or if I wanted to explore a project. If you show compassion for what you do, you will be recognized (just not in monetary gains).

Cons

Out of the three years there, I did not receive a raise. I was only able to get a higher income in advancing from Assistant Site Supervisor to Site Supervisor, and another based on cost of living. Also, in the recent times, there has been a lot of turn over because of new management, which has started to lead to micro-managing.

My advice to management would be to invest more in it's employees, and finding alternatives to micro managing the supervisors. There is too much paper work that is required for supervisors to do that it takes away from them actually leading and running a center and planning events at the center.

Associate Teacher

Former Employee - Associate Teacher
    Former Employee - Associate Teacher

I worked at Child Development full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It was great experience working with the children and they had free, comprehensive trainings for their staff and the staff (for the most part) were great to work with

Cons

Little to no training initially, outrageous expectations for teachers with no time provided to get quality work accomplished, could not guarantee summer hours based off of low enrollment, disorganized management, little to no room for lateral growth

There are newer employer reviews for Child Development