There are newer employer reviews for Child Development

good benefits with lack of pay

Current Employee - Teacher in Sacramento, CA
Current Employee - Teacher in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Child Development full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good health benefits and professional growth opportunities. They allow staffs to achieve free training. They have paid holidays.

Cons

no pay raise... although they have been hiring multiple positions in the company. I've moved up in my position for one and a half years but did not see a pay raise. I have continued to push for my raise but was denied by HR.

Advice to Management

Increase pay raise will allow companies to keep good hard working staffs.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Potential to do great work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Child Development full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits for full and part time employees; great training/leadership opportunities; quality programs for children and familes; supportive resources (program, CCFP).

Cons

Work load for center staff is unrealistic; not a lot of opportunity for job advancement/movement; haven't had raises in 4 years; little or no acknowledgment of hard work; loss of values; inconsistent/late yearly performance reviews

Advice to Management

Senior managment needs to bring back the values through role modeling. Work to build trust with every employee. Offer time to meet with individuals and get to know centers, staff and communities. Do not make assumptions but ask questions and seek knowledge. Work through peoples strengths. Do not let the power of the position drive your work; it's the people that will bring success. Walk the talk.

2. This was a decent company to work for.

Former Employee - Associate Teacher in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Associate Teacher in Irvine, CA

I worked at Child Development

Pros

My absolute favorite part when I first started was the fellow teachers I worked with. They were so helpful in my learning how things were done. The second, and what kept me there after the friends that I had made with the teachers were all the children. They kept me laughing, and made it so exciting to come and teach them everything I could.

Cons

Was the director, and another teacher that were left. I tried to hold out because I loved the kids, but in the end, I couldn't bring myself to stay. I even had let upper people know how I felt.
    The pay is not that great. I was there over 2 years and never a raise. Another teacher was there 4 years without a raise.

Advice to Management

Listen to the teachers, and when you do an evaluation of the directors, make sure they are not the one we hand the evaluation to without an envelope.......