Child Development

www.cdicdc.org

good benefits with lack of pay

Current Employee - Teacher  in  Sacramento, CA
Current Employee - Teacher in Sacramento, CA

Pros

good health benefits and professional growth opportunities. They allow staffs to achieve free training. They have paid holidays.

Cons

no pay raise... although they have been hiring multiple positions in the company. I've moved up in my position for one and a half years but did not see a pay raise. I have continued to push for my raise but was denied by HR.

Increase pay raise will allow companies to keep good hard working staffs.

Other reviews for Child Development

Associate Teacher

Former Employee - Associate Teacher
    Former Employee - Associate Teacher

Pros

It was great experience working with the children and they had free, comprehensive trainings for their staff and the staff (for the most part) were great to work with

Cons

Little to no training initially, outrageous expectations for teachers with no time provided to get quality work accomplished, could not guarantee summer hours based off of low enrollment, disorganized management, little to no room for lateral growth

This company has heart, but lacks in leadership, market share and understanding the needs of it's primary customers.

Pros

If you are liked by the upper management then you have a job (lousy pay) for life. Because they don't hold managers responsible nor do they evaluate these manager's lackluster decisions, so they have no idea where they are going. It's kinda sad because if they listen to the people that have been successful in assisting other companies, then they could really make a difference and pay their employees a decent wage and give them the promised (5 years now) raises. But for some unknown reason this non-profit company has been around for sometime now, so they keep pouring good money after bad. I will be retiring soon and feel a little guilty because none of us were able to help but kept the status quo. I have a lot of friends here.

Cons

They recently hired a Chief Business Officer whose Capella (online) degree is lacking in actually know how and leadership! This is the highest grade she has obtained and her ego allows her to chop heads based on personality alone. The company is full of long term (3+) temporary workers (low pay, no benefits, no respect) and on any given Friday can be told to not report on Monday which happens more than I would like to recall.

Hold off removing good people until the new gal can prove her mettle. If you continue year-after-year losing money... then start deleting folks from the top and not those following orders.

There are newer employer reviews for Child Development.

Worked for Child Development? Contribute to the Community!