Child Development

www.cdicdc.org

This company has heart, but lacks in leadership, market share and understanding the needs of it's primary customers.

ProsIf you are liked by the upper management then you have a job (lousy pay) for life. Because they don't hold managers responsible nor do they evaluate these manager's lackluster decisions, so they have no idea where they are going. It's kinda sad because if they listen to the people that have been successful in assisting other companies, then they could really make a difference and pay their employees a decent wage and give them the promised (5 years now) raises. But for some unknown reason this non-profit company has been around for sometime now, so they keep pouring good money after bad. I will be retiring soon and feel a little guilty because none of us were able to help but kept the status quo. I have a lot of friends here.

ConsThey recently hired a Chief Business Officer whose Capella (online) degree is lacking in actually know how and leadership! This is the highest grade she has obtained and her ego allows her to chop heads based on personality alone. The company is full of long term (3+) temporary workers (low pay, no benefits, no respect) and on any given Friday can be told to not report on Monday which happens more than I would like to recall.

Advice to Senior ManagementHold off removing good people until the new gal can prove her mettle. If you continue year-after-year losing money... then start deleting folks from the top and not those following orders.

It was ok, not very organized or professional

Mentor Teacher (Former Employee) Elk Grove, CA

I worked at Child Development full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Loved the work with the kids Cons: Hated all of the political bullcrap that interferes with the… Advice to Senior Management: Be consistant – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Potential to do great work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Sacramento, CA

I worked at Child Development full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good benefits for full and part time employees; great training/leadership… Cons: Work load for center staff is unrealistic; not a lot of opportunity for job advancement/movement; haven't had… Advice to Senior Management: Senior managment needs to bring back the values through role modeling. Work to build trust with every employee. Offer time to meet with… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Child Development.

Worked for Child Development? Contribute to the Community!