Child Guidance Resource Centers

Unfair!

Current Employee - Mental Health Worker (Adult Services) in Havertown, PA
Current Employee - Mental Health Worker (Adult Services) in Havertown, PA

I have been working at Child Guidance Resource Centers

Pros

Flexible
You can work at different sites
Clients are enjoyable to be around
Easy job

Cons

Favoritism
No advancement
Co-workers make your job difficult with laziness and bad attitudes
Management is slow in implementing change and disciplining staff
Disorganized
Poor decision making regarding clients
Do not always have the clients interest at heart

Stop choosing employees based on favoritism and personal background. Choose people who are competent, has patience with clients, and takes their job seriously.

8 Other Employee Reviews for Child Guidance Resource Centers (View Most Recent)

Sour Grapes...

I have been working at Child Guidance Resource Centers full-time

Pros

I have worked for CGRC for more than 10 years and can honestly say the poor reviews included on here must be from disgruntled former employees. CGRC provides the highest quality of mental health services to children and families in the Delaware Valley and values all of its employees.

Cons

Like everywhere, salaries could be higher with increased benefits.

Many Positives and Negatives

I have been working at Child Guidance Resource Centers full-time

Pros

I have worked at CGRC for a long time. There are quality therapists and staff that work here. Supervisors have been easy to talk to and are always available to hear out issues you may be having as a clinician or employee. I enjoy working with the people here and I have learned a lot from the experienced and well educated staff that come through these doors.

Cons

CGRC unfortunately does not know how to hold on to those quality staff members. I have seen many very talented clinicians leave this place and there is no question about why. Clinicians certainly chose a career that involves burnout and high stress. That considered, it seems CGRC should be even more sensitive to its employees needs. While supervisors will hear your issues with genuine concern and give thoughts or advice, little is done to address those concerns on a managerial level. Employee ideas for improving themselves, the work place and CGRC as a whole are often ignored. Employees are often asked to adjust and go with the flow to benefit the company's bottom line which has been suffering. However, there is no compensation offered by management even in simple non expensive ways to reciprocate employees making those adjustments or their willingness to go out of their way for the company. Benefits such as flex time, increased time off rates, title changes etc. are often overlooked as ways of investing in employees. Together all of this makes many employees feel unappreciated or taken advantage of. It is both unfortunate and a recipe for high turnover. While I didn't major in business it's hard to see this being an environment geared towards success.

I would suggest focusing on quality and not quantity. Develop good employee relationships who can provide consistent quality care. Provide ongoing incentives, programs, and education to employees. Growth will come as a result of investing in staff at an ongoing individual level rather than a one day once a year wellness day. A happy employee is a productive employee. An unhappy employee does the bare minimum.
    I would suggest working with employees to improve the functioning of the agency, hearing their thoughts or ideas and taking them to the next level.
    Offer some transparency in corporate decision making so employees can have a better understanding of the changes being made and their rationale.
    Improve the agencies visibility. I hear from many people that they didn't even know this place existed.

There are newer employer reviews for Child Guidance Resource Centers