All about Profit!

Former Employee - Preschool Teacher
Former Employee - Preschool Teacher

I worked at Childcare Network part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a job. that's all

Cons

Teachers are unqualified, leaving you to do more work. Your hours get cut when they can. Teacher is expected to have MAX number of children at all times--the profit is the company's highest priority. So whatever the max ratio is, that is what the teacher will get, not less. Not enough activities and toys for children. They do not care about learning and a good atmosphere. It is about getting the parents to pay, keeping them, sending them home and hoping you don't get sued. It is minimum wage--the employee handbook specifies that employees can only get raises on an annual basis.

Advice to Management

Other day cares care about their children, not just the profit

Other Employee Reviews for Childcare Network

worked for 10+ years ,couldn't count on corp.to treat me as I should have been,no respect.VP hired DM's who did trust me

Former Employee - Assistant Director in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Assistant Director in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Childcare Network full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I liked my coworkers and respected my director because she made my work worth while and educational.

Cons

We did not have good benefits, limited vacation time( could only grow to 3 weeks a year even after 10 years.) Freeze on raises for 3 years.

Advice to Management

I was employed for 10+ years and in my 10th year our director died from cancer and no corporate personnel came to the memorial service. They awarded her an award, after she died but the new director who they hired( not a prior CNI employee,) was the person who received that award and she never had met our director and friend who died. I think corp. should have had a representative who knew her and loved her there to receive the award.

SOMEONE NEEDS TO CHECK ON THIS CENTER

Former Employee - Teacher in Garner, NC
    Former Employee - Teacher in Garner, NC

I worked at Childcare Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

children are the only good thing!

Cons

mean, belligerent, just not a nice person and that is the DIRECTOR! when they took over all the original staff was treated so badly they left. Many parents voiced opinions and were told there's the door...many daycare's in Garner to choose from. Go through teachers like mad! 7 toddler/waddler teachers in a MONTH! Children are numbers to most of the staff and definitely the front office. Pay is minimal too...go by "paper" certification not longevity. Did not keep word from the buyout.

Advice to Management

Corporate needs to really look into this center and NOT go my the directors "account of what is happening". Teachers are NOT just numbers.We are there to help and educate the young minds of children...can't do that if they get rid of the good ones and the ones left are looking for new jobs! Very racist as well: all the white teachers were gone within 3 months!