There are newer employer reviews for Childhelp

stressful

I worked at Childhelp

Pros

cool co-workers and working with the kids

Cons

overworked and underpaid. slow to get pto.

9 Other Employee Reviews for Childhelp (View Most Recent)

Worked there for 4 years, left, then tried it again...not any better

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Lignum, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lignum, VA

I have been working at Childhelp full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

the children and most staff are inspiring and will touch your heart and change the course of your life

Cons

the board and upper management are completely out of touch, have zero experience with children or social services, and this leads to a focus on profits (though it is a NON profit organization), job-threats, and an oppressive environment

several generations of boards of directors as well as countless local managers have shown that Childhelp as an organization is neither willing nor able to create real positive change. It's time to sell to a stronger agency that can remain focused on our mission.

Train wreck derailing by the day...

I worked at Childhelp

Pros

Lignum's village has a collective heart that beats louder than 1,000,000 times the ineptitude of certain slithering lizards who purportedly lead this facility. That spirit sustains the souls of children who need help.

Cons

In the past few years, I have kept quiet and observed several passionate, intelligent, and visionary leaders grace the grounds in Culpeper, Virginia. I've watched as they all strove to improve the turpitude masquerading as status quo. Children continue to arrive wide-eyed and faithful. Senior management in Arizona perpetuates a depth of mediocrity that baffles me. Why? Why create only to destroy? Are not the children worthwhile?

Sara and Yvonne should make a bold move. Donate one years's salary to provide one year's bonuses. Your direct care staff deserves as much. Reclaim your reputations.

There are newer employer reviews for Childhelp

Worked for Childhelp? Contribute to the Community!