Children Of America

Best Place I have worked

Current Employee - Teacher  in  Orland Park, IL
Current Employee - Teacher in Orland Park, IL

I have been working at Children Of America full-time for less than a year

Pros

We all work as a team, we get the job done. We care about the children and families. Curriculum exceeds the others I have used. There is room for growth in the company.

Cons

Nothing so far that I can think of.

Keep doing what your doing.

37 Other Employee Reviews for Children Of America (View Most Recent)

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Lead Teacher
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher

I have been working at Children Of America full-time

Pros

I have nothing but good to say about current management and the school atmosphere! Management do their absolute best to meet everyone's changing needs on a daily basis. They do the best they can and work hard, a rarity in childcare these days. I feel listened to and know that management cares about the families and the staff equally.

Cons

The corporate office is not as quick as they should be to fix things in the building that have broken and as the company has grown we get much less guidance with everyday operation. Guidance is of great importance when turning over management at a high rate to open new schools. I have seen employees that are not necessarily exemplary get promoted to a management position and transferred to a new school because of corporates lack of guidance and supervision of its' management staff.

Do a few extra reviews and observations at your schools of staff and management. Opening new schools will become unsuccessful if your current management doesn't know how to handle the large job they are given and those schools lose enrollment because of it. Oh, and pay your teachers better based on the state they are in! Trappe has some of the lowest pay in the area for childcare lead teachers!

One of the best places I've worked! Excellent Oppurtunity for growth!!!

Former Employee - Teacher  in  Trappe, PA
    Former Employee - Teacher in Trappe, PA

I worked at Children Of America full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very clean school
    Always looks beautiful, show-casing the artistic ability and learning from the children
    Great upper management. Even the guys from corporate are nice. Whenever they visit they always introduce themselves and shake our hands. They are never there to pick our school apart; they only have nice things to say. They even interact with kids!
    The school has a "warm" feeling to it. Many staff are always laughing and smiling throughout the day.
    Excellent families and kids. One of the best set of parents I've ever worked with.
    Great staff. Everyone is there for the same reason...the kids.

Another positive for anyone looking to advance their career is that Children of America is always looking to promote from within. They truly believe in the staff that they have and are always giving opportunity to those that deserve it.

Cons

The con for almost any childcare company is the pay. You either accept or you choose another career. As educators we will NEVER make the amount we deserve. We don't do this job for the money; we do it for the kids. You can't put a price tag on them.

I believe our management team really does do their best. All of their hard work is seen every day in a million different ways. Keep doing what you're doing!

There are newer employer reviews for Children Of America

Worked for Children Of America? Contribute to the Community!