Children's Choice Foster Care and Adoption Agency

www.childrenschoice.org
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Children's Choice Foster Care and Adoption Agency

Parent Aide/ Caseworker

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dover, DE
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dover, DE

I have been working at Children's Choice Foster Care and Adoption Agency

Pros

Good Pay
Friendly environment
Professional growth opportunities
Excellent management at my location

Cons

Had to use your own car most of the time to visit with and transport clients
Hours went WAY beyond a normal work day without overtime. This was to accommodate client work schedules and children's school obligations.
All of my clients except one was an hour or more away. So driving, especially in the winter when it got dark early, started to be unacceptable to me.

Get more company cars.
Send caseworkers in pairs in Winter and when hours run into night time or when the client lives in a dangerous or remote area.

4 Other Employee Reviews for Children's Choice Foster Care and Adoption Agency (View Most Recent)

Great company!

I have been working at Children's Choice Foster Care and Adoption Agency

Pros

Environment, coworkers, benefits, and mission.

Cons

I can't think of any.

Foster Care Case Management in Philadelphia

Former Employee - Foster Care Case Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Foster Care Case Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Children's Choice Foster Care and Adoption Agency full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great Co workers and children to work with.

Cons

Management isn't very sufficient when Assistance is needed. The 2nd in command does nothing but play with her cell phone all day. She refuses to help anyone and can never assist in solving problems.

Get an assistant that will actually do a job and not. Pass it on to case managers and case aides. Also, take cues from other agencies and start making the Foster parents responsible for the children They are paid for.