Children's Choice Foster Care and Adoption Agency

www.childrenschoice.org
Unclaimed Profile
There are newer employer reviews for Children's Choice Foster Care and Adoption Agency

Parent Aide/ Caseworker

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dover, DE
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dover, DE

Pros

Good Pay Friendly environment Professional growth opportunities Excellent management at my location

Cons

Had to use your own car most of the time to visit with and transport clients Hours went WAY beyond a normal work day without overtime. This was to accommodate client work schedules and children's school obligations. All of my clients except one was an hour or more away. So driving, especially in the winter when it got dark early, started to be unacceptable to me.

Advice to Management

Get more company cars. Send caseworkers in pairs in Winter and when hours run into night time or when the client lives in a dangerous or remote area.

Other Employee Reviews for Children's Choice Foster Care and Adoption Agency

1. Great company!

Pros

Environment, coworkers, benefits, and mission.

Cons

I can't think of any.

2. Challenging position that gave me valuable experience in child welfare.

I worked at Children's Choice Foster Care and Adoption Agency full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Christian based agency that utilizes Choice Theory

Cons

Positions that are open do not get filled in a timely matter due to fiscal constraints.

Advice to Management

Improve communication with staff and utilize lead management techniques.