lovely environment

I have been working at Children's Creative Learning Centers

Pros

good management
salary
nice people
good atmosphere
Great children

Cons

_planning
-Big staff
-No over time space.
-sometimes lacking teachers

Other Reviews for Children's Creative Learning Centers

Better before the buy-out.

Current Employee - Preschool Teacher  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Preschool Teacher in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Children's Creative Learning Centers full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent benefits and salary. Ability to move up in the company.

Cons

The needs of the staff, the client, the families, children, and headquarters are many times in direct conflict. Too many cooks in the kitchen, power struggles and conformity since the buy out by Knowledge Universe. They bought brands and then made them basically all the same. If I wanted to work for KinderCare I would have. I chose CCLC because of their philosophy and reputation for creativity.

Allow your brands to operate independently of each other and offer a variety of learning styles and services. Offer more management training, and focus on building great management teams as opposed to plugging holes. You also need to adjust salaries and benefits to your employee market. CCLC and KU will never be competitive in the Bay Area with housing prices so high and wages so low in comparison to their education level desires. No one with a B.A. in The Bay can thrive or survive on $18/hr.

I'm Satisfied.

Current Employee - Head Teacher  in  Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Head Teacher in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Children's Creative Learning Centers full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Most of the teachers I work with are really nice, work hard, and love the kids. We get a reimbursement to pay for Child Development classes. CCLC is a little bit better than most centers I've been at. I've seen teachers get a promotion if they are good and have been here a long time. There is a child care discount too but I'm not sure if it would be enough to pay for CCLC. I would recommend people have their children here. Almost all of the teachers really care about doing a good job and are here for the right reason - the kids!

Cons

I get the feeling that having enough teachers is not important to CCLC. They make sure we have a big waitlist and are full with kids but not really when it comes to hiring teachers. Also preschool teachers don't get paid enough in general - not just CCLC's fault.

I love the kids and I like my job. CCLC is better than most preschools and that makes it better to work at. If I had one thing to say it's that I know full classrooms are important, but having enough teachers is important too and you could work harder on that even though you would make a little bit less money that way.

There are newer employer reviews for Children's Creative Learning Centers.

Worked for Children's Creative Learning Centers? Contribute to the Community!