Best place I've ever worked

Current Employee - Anesthesia Tech in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Anesthesia Tech in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Children's Health part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the salary is more than what I expected to be paid, considering I had no previous experience

Cons

the drive back and forth from home

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

Other Employee Reviews for Children's Health

Great clinicians in search of decent corporate leadership

Former Employee - Finance and Operational Support in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Finance and Operational Support in Dallas, TX

I worked at Children's Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The bedside staff are second to none, the mission is unifying, the corporate and business leadership, however, is the worst I've seen in over 25 years in healthcare.

Cons

Lack of direction, lack of leadership, lack of opportunities for anyone who's not a nurse, lack of support in getting anything done that's not specifically on a leader's incentive plan. Although they are in "leadership" positions, I met very few executive who would fit any criteria of "leader".

Advice to Management

Well, my advice to middle management is get what you want out of your experience and use it to get to a better organization at a higher level. My advice to upper management is pocket the higher than average paychecks because at some point you will become the fall guy/gal for the CEO and EVPs, who take no blame and are not held accountable to any standards by the Board. For anyone considering this organization in the future, ask about plans for cost cutting, because it will likely involve you if you're not at the EVP level. VPs get switched out on a regular basis every 2 years. Senior Directors are pretty stable, but not high performers - you have to adapt to the dysfunction of the uppermost levels to survive, so everyone acts like a scalded dog.

Great employees but management level needs lots of improvement

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Children's Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

PTO plan is attractive, employees in some groups work well together and hospital mission of "Making Life Better for Children" motivates you to go to work everyday.

Cons

Management is disconnected to department in some areas and don't really work as a cohesive group.