Children's Health System

www.chsys.org

Overall, CHS is a good place to works

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Birmingham, AL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Pros

Community Support / Family Values / Flexibility

Cons

Limited Growth Opportunities / Management Support

Support employees in regards to decisions made - especially when "others" come back because policies don't go along with their personal requests

Other reviews for Children's Health System

Okay

Former Employee - CNA  in  Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - CNA in Birmingham, AL

Pros

I was a CNA and I enjoyed working with my patients. I also enjoyed some of the staff.

Cons

Very low pay and my experience of being an LPN in the Air Force did not give me any credit or allow me to use it towards my job. I left straight from the AF and came to work and CHS, it seemed like I got demoted. I went from getting around $15-16/hr to $9/hr. I also was starting IV's, doing blood draws, suturing up lacerations, putting in G-tubes and J-tubes, working in GI removing polyps in, assisting in ERCP's, assisting in colonoscopies, and so much more. Then at CHS all I could do was vital signs and change bedding. The work was tough and not worth $9/hr. Some of the nurses and doctors are cocky and if you aren't a nurse or doctor they feel that they are superior to you.

Remember that YOU are an average person just like everyone else. It takes every employee to make that hospital work all the way from the workers in the cafeteria to housekeeping and up to the neurosurgeons to the CEO. It'd be better if the work place was more of a "WORK PLACE" where everyone works along side each other instead of a high school click.

Good place to work, still needs to grow up

Current Employee - Information Systems Analyst  in  Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Information Systems Analyst in Birmingham, AL

Pros

Great organization, great mission in this community.

Cons

Below-average salary, "small shop" mentality.

Reign in the middle management. They have promoted to their current positions simply by remaining employed longer than other candidates, and may not have the skills to perform their job.

There are newer employer reviews for Children's Health System.

Worked for Children's Health System? Contribute to the Community!