Children's Home + Aid

Awful.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Granite City, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Granite City, IL

I have been working at Children's Home + Aid

Pros

Management in other sections is very knoweldgeable and nice. There is many nice and helpful employees that work at Children's Home and Aid.

Cons

Managment has favorites with a few employees. Management says one thing one day and another thing a different day or even after a few hours when they catch you doing what they asked the first time. They forget what they said, so then you are in trouble when you are doing what they asked in the first place! There is NO training when you are hired, so you either sink or swim. The main manager makes horible comments to employees about everything - what they buy, what they bring to lunch... It is a miserable place to work and I am currently looking for something else at this time. They have already made 3 great employees so miserable they quit. When there has been important meetings or trainings their employees needed to attend, several times the managers have forgotten about them until it was too late for their employees to go. Unacceptable.

Acknowledge all of your employees, treat them all fairly. Make and enforce rules consistantly to all employees. Play an active role in employees jobs. Have enough backbone to stand up when people are coming to you and saying things are wrong - do something about it instead of passing the buck to someone else. Have a strong training for new employees from someone that knows how to train the person. Get rid of employees who hurt other employees by making the office a battleground of gossip and back stabbing.

20 Other Employee Reviews for Children's Home + Aid (View Most Recent)

Children's Home + Aid is Rewarding

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Rockford, IL
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Rockford, IL

I have been working at Children's Home + Aid

Pros

The atmosphere at Children's Home and Aid is the most rewarding. We are like a big family here and everyone here is so friendly and helpful. There are many staff who have been working here for over 20 years and they love it. I have personally been here for 6 years and only would leave if I started my own business or won the lottery! They are so family friendly and have received awards from the United Way for being a Family Friendly Workplace.

Cons

The fact that it is a non-profit agency makes it difficult at times to stay within the tight budgets. Sometimes management is so loyal, they have a hard time getting rid of staff who are not good workers.

Keep up the great work!!

Not for the faint of heart

Former Employee - Residential Counselor
    Former Employee - Residential Counselor

I worked at Children's Home + Aid full-time

Pros

Great place for self growth.

Cons

No way to move up the career ladder.

Show your employees that you appreciate them. Especially the individuals in direct care.

There are newer employer reviews for Children's Home + Aid

Worked for Children's Home + Aid? Contribute to the Community!