Children's Home + Aid
www.childrenshomeandaid.org Chicago, IL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Poor management, no advancement potential and extreme favoritism

Teacher (Current Employee)

I have been working at Children's Home + Aid full-time for more than a year

ProsI have met some great co-workers and have bonded with many families, I have learned a few things along the way

ConsAdministrators look the other way while people play the system. Breaks are inadequate. There are some teachers who have no concept of child development yet seem to run the place. Parents run the show, policies are not followed and "at-risk" or low income people should not drive luxury cars and have iphones.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your staff and don't let a few bully the rest. People may seem qualified on paper, but in reality have no business working with defenseless babies. Your next employee might be the one to finally call DCFS.

Corporate would be/should be appalled

Residential Counselor (Former Employee)
Evanston, IL

I worked at Children's Home + Aid full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Very few, if any. Some great coworkers and rewarding… Cons: Management plays favorites from the top to the bottom, lack of discipline and accountability, a couple of verbally and emotionally abusive employees who are never… Advice to Senior Management: Corporate needs to clean house of all facility management and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Office Staff Beware

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)
Evanston, IL

I worked at Children's Home + Aid full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: There were many pleasant, dedicated people who looked out for… Cons: Management played favorites among individuals and programs. Communication and cooperation between programs did not happen easily. There were a lot… Advice to Senior Management: Create an environment where employees feel safe and comfortable to express their views. When employees express concerns, do not play them down, thus creating… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Children's Home + Aid.

Worked for Children's Home + Aid? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Children's Home + Aid reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Children's Home + Aid CEO Nancy Ronquillo. All reviews posted anonymously by Children's Home + Aid employees.