Children's Hospital Boston

www.childrenshospital.org
  www.childrenshospital.org
There are newer employer reviews for Children's Hospital Boston

Excellent experience in an internship

Current Employee - Improvement Intern  in  Boston, MA
Current Employee - Improvement Intern in Boston, MA

I have been working at Children's Hospital Boston as an intern

Pros

flexible work hours. intelligent work staff

Cons

Most of the organization is in silos which leads to a lot of inefficiencies. The Information Services Department is somewhat of a trainwreck.

Developing a process improvement department for the hospital could be extremely beneficial. There is quality improvement work going on in each department with its own unique flavor, but if it was all consolidated under one unified 'children's' banner it could be much more effective. CHB needs to cut out a huge amount of waste in its systems and this would be a great step in accomplishing that.

186 Other Employee Reviews for Children's Hospital Boston (View Most Recent)

Pathology lab disintegrating rapidly due to bully administrative manager

Current Employee - Histology  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Histology in Boston, MA

I have been working at Children's Hospital Boston full-time for more than a year

Pros

The dedication of the doctors to provide the best healthcare for children is unsurpassed.

Cons

Working in the pathology lab I am shocked at the treatment of long time lab professionals. To say there is favoritism is a tremendous understatement. I and others witnessed a long time employee who was the glue that held so much together, getting screamed at and berated just hours after being informed that their mother had passed away. This employee worked through breaks, lunches, and stayed late as others arrived late and could have cared less about the importance of duties. The lab is losing people left right and sideways due to a bully administrator. It is shocking that higher ups and the Pathology doctors are turning a blind eye to this behavior. I took this job to be able work with and learn from one of the best histologists in the business. After over a decade of service this person was bullied into leaving. One of the first things she said to me “when it gets difficult just remember, there is a child behind everything we do.” Never have I worked with a more dedicated professional. Two more people left this week before securing new employment. That says a lot about how nasty this manager is to those he targets.

It’s time to pay attention as some of the best have chosen unemployment to escape being relentlessly bullied.

Needs improvement in many aspects

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Children's Hospital Boston full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

One of the best hospital for children's around the world.
    Good employees trying to do a good job.
    Patients and families are great.

Cons

Stress levels out the roof.
    Management ignoring employee issues that in the end affect patients services.
    Do not treat employees well.
    Employees trying to do too much with few resources and lack of support.
    People go on leave for weeks, and management do not take the steps to replace them.
    High turnover, not because we want to leave, but because there is not hope for improvement.
    Too much money spend on business analysis and consultants, and in the end nothing happens.
    Too much of "we are #1 Hospital" mentality that does not leave room for improvement.
    Lack of upper management leadership.

No need to spend the money in more business analysis or consultants, just make sure managers, at all levels listen to the employees.
    Hire more employees, do not leave positions without a well train replacement.
    Motivate and recognize the good employees, do not let them go.
    Change the obsolete #1 mentality

There are newer employer reviews for Children's Hospital Boston

Worked for Children's Hospital Boston? Contribute to the Community!