There are newer employer reviews for Children's Hospital Boston

Pathology lab disintegrating rapidly due to bully administrative manager

Current Employee - Histology in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Histology in Boston, MA

I have been working at Children's Hospital Boston full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The dedication of the doctors to provide the best healthcare for children is unsurpassed.

Cons

Working in the pathology lab I am shocked at the treatment of long time lab professionals. To say there is favoritism is a tremendous understatement. I and others witnessed a long time employee who was the glue that held so much together, getting screamed at and berated just hours after being informed that their mother had passed away. This employee worked through breaks, lunches, and stayed late as others arrived late and could have cared less about the importance of duties. The lab is losing people left right and sideways due to a bully administrator. It is shocking that higher ups and the Pathology doctors are turning a blind eye to this behavior. I took this job to be able work with and learn from one of the best histologists in the business. After over a decade of service this person was bullied into leaving. One of the first things she said to me “when it gets difficult just remember, there is a child behind everything we do.” Never have I worked with a more dedicated professional. Two more people left this week before securing new employment. That says a lot about how nasty this manager is to those he targets.

It’s time to pay attention as some of the best have chosen unemployment to escape being relentlessly bullied.

reviews filtered by

Needs improvement in many aspects

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Children's Hospital Boston full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

One of the best hospital for children's around the world.
    Good employees trying to do a good job.
    Patients and families are great.

Cons

Stress levels out the roof.
    Management ignoring employee issues that in the end affect patients services.
    Do not treat employees well.
    Employees trying to do too much with few resources and lack of support.
    People go on leave for weeks, and management do not take the steps to replace them.
    High turnover, not because we want to leave, but because there is not hope for improvement.
    Too much money spend on business analysis and consultants, and in the end nothing happens.
    Too much of "we are #1 Hospital" mentality that does not leave room for improvement.
    Lack of upper management leadership.

No need to spend the money in more business analysis or consultants, just make sure managers, at all levels listen to the employees.
    Hire more employees, do not leave positions without a well train replacement.
    Motivate and recognize the good employees, do not let them go.
    Change the obsolete #1 mentality

2. a good place to work at.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Children's Hospital Boston

Pros

provide very good benefit package, medical insurance, commute pass fee reimbursement, and you can roll out your vacation days to next year or cash out accumulated vocation days.

Cons

it is non-profit organization, in technology wise, it may not using the the newest technologies in the area you working on.

There are newer employer reviews for Children's Hospital Boston